Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DAP Badge

Article about: What is the opinion on this Badge. From a Military Antique dealer I already bought this so I am hoping it is authentic.

?

Default DAP Badge

What is the opinion on this Badge. From a Military Antique dealer
    I already bought this so I am hoping it is authentic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAP Badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAP Badge
    P
    Many

Looks good to me...
    cheers, Glenn

its ok.

?

Hello again chaps. My Pin arrived today and looks in nice condition. I understand that these GESCH badges are earlier than the RZM could anyone please give me an idea of when this badge was produced.

Thanks
    Ian

Quote by pippin View Post
    Hello again chaps. My Pin arrived today and looks in nice condition. I understand that these GESCH badges are earlier than the RZM could anyone please give me an idea of when this badge was produced.

Thanks
    Ian
    Hello Ian

Your party badge is a nice early piece as you suggest. Ges. Gesch. (Gesetzlich Geschutzt) translates to: protected by Law or legitimate by law, and is not a manufacturer name. Sometimes, you will find the abbreviated words on both the pin plate and the reverse of the badge. Your pictured badge will have been made sometime between the early 20's and early 30's period. See how the Hakenkreuz doesn't touch the inner circle? this is called a "floating" Hakenkreuz and during the RZM period, this style of Hakenkreuz was not used. Ges. Gesch. was regularly added to the Party badge until the early RZM period and after that it would be an abnormality.

Welcome to the forum, Ian

Mark

DAP Badge[
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Thank you very much Mark.
    (looking for my next badge now, I am hooked!)
    Ian

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    .... this is called a "floating" Hakenkreuz and during the RZM period, this style of Hakenkreuz was not used. [
    Mark? you are wrong. Not sure how far you are with my book yet, but i do clearly say (in about 20,000 words :-) )

The floating swastika only dies out after full standardization, around 1936-1938 (anyones guess as to when all German M1/ makers were dancing to the same tune)
    The "RZM" period is not from March 1935, but from 1933, and even if it was from March 1935, that would still be too early for full standardization.

So you are wrong, the floating swastika can, and is, still found well into the RZM period.

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    Mark? you are wrong. Not sure how far you are with my book yet, but i do clearly say (in about 20,000 words :-) )

The floating swastika only dies out after full standardization, around 1936-1938 (anyones guess as to when all German M1/ makers were dancing to the same tune)
    The "RZM" period is not from March 1935, but from 1933, and even if it was from March 1935, that would still be too early for full standardization.

So you are wrong, the floating swastika can, and is, still found well into the RZM period.
    Jo, you are correct, I was mistaken. I stated it that way to avoid explaining the Transitional period. And I'm still not done with the book, it's lengthy!

Ian, the floating Hakenkreuz was used, although less, until FULL RZM integration by all manufacturers which occurred in the mid/late 30's. But your badge is still from this earlier period because it precedes the Transitional period.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    I stated it that way to avoid explaining the Transitional period. And I'm still not done with the book, it's lengthy!
    Ha ha ha ha, i know the feeling and was tempted many times to "write" this way as well, just brushing over a 10 year period or more with a brief summary. I could very well have done that with the Sub-Contractor Chapter, and simply shown the M2/ list from the RZM Handbuch, and noted that almost all the small badge sub-contractors were in Pforzheim - job jobbed! But i thought it best to waffle on for 50 pages about them, and actually show (prove) their work and influence, rather than just quoting one primary source and supporting it with my opinion.