Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?

Article about: Hi all, Been offered this for sale. What's the verdict? Thanks, Robbie

?

Default Re: Deutschland Erwache badge, fake?

Post the armband in the SS forum obviously but the KVM medal can be posted here.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Can't go wrong with that approach.
    Tom

Tom, I didn't state that the badge was real, simply a comparrison. However not all badges marked RZM AND Gesh.G should be considered as fake

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Tom, I didn't state that the badge was real, simply a comparrison. However not all badges marked RZM AND Gesh.G should be considered as fake
    Sorry John, my mistake. I was referring to the sympathy badges only, though.
    Tom

KSH
    ?

ALL badges with the slogans "Deutschland Erwache 1933" and "Adolf Hitler 1933" are post-war fakes. Period.

Furthermore, these badges were simply not marked with "GES. GESCH" and a RZM symbol without a maker's unique code. No historical evidence supports these kinds of badges being marked like the example in question.

All such badges (Deutscland Erwache 1933 & Adolf Hitler 1933) marked RZM M1/129 (this maker acquired the license six years later) are then of course post-war fakes as well.

- Kenneth

I totally agree with Kenneth.

These are FANTASY designs.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

KSH
    ?

All parties seriously interested in these badges (party badges, sympathy badges etc) should familiarize themselves with the excellent research done by Jo Rivett who runs Parteiabzeichen An account is needed to get access to the site.

- Kenneth

I would endorse that too.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    John is correct here, not all were marked with a number

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

KSH
    ?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    John is correct here, not all were marked with a number

Nick

Not correct pertaining to the party badges. Show me period documentation of any kind that supports this - you won't find any. These are confirmed variations of party badge marking from pre-RZM to the final stage of marking evolution represented by one maker, Paulmann und Crone except for #1, in chronological sequence:

1. No marking at all (not seen by maker Paulmann & Crone) - not common. Probably simultaneous with the immediate later steps below.

2. Made in the 1920's, with nothing more than 'Ges. Gesch'.

3. Similar time period as above, but with a more 'modern' pin plate.

4. Fully marked from the early 1930's.

5. RZM logo, the Contract 78 number and 'Ges. Gesch.' circa 1933/34.

6. RZM logo, the M1/78 number (some makers used MA instead of M1 early on) and 'Ges. Gesch.' circa 1934/35.

7. RZM logo and the M1/78 number, after April 1935.

I won't close the door 100% on this issue as mistakes and irregularities COULD have happened - but I personally find it unlikely that any such badge was marked 'Ges. Gesch' whilst bearing only the RZM logo without the unique maker's number.

- Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 12-07-2011 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Correction

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast