Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

dvg &nsdap pins, are they real?

Article about: so the seller says the nsdap pin is worth \\$150, i think thats way high or he id too hahaha.. he says it has no rzm mark, making it an early example ......what do you guys think??????????????

Default dvg &nsdap pins, are they real?

i am offered these in trade. i am unsure of these, i do not want to do anything until these are authenticated. i think one is an nsdap pin? not sure about the matching two ..
    thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture dvg &nsdap pins, are they real?   dvg &nsdap pins, are they real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement dvg &nsdap pins, are they real?
    P
    Many

Default Re: dvg &nsdap pins, are they real?

Party badge (nsdap pin) looks OK to me, haven't seen a ges. gesch badge with a Deschler pin before though... it's probably just had a nice replacement pin attached at some point, nothing to worry about as far as I can see

I've also been looking at some DVG pins myself lately and I know that W. Redo with the Saarlautern markings are correct but I'm just not sure about the font... as I've gathered there's at least three types of font to these W. Redo DVG badges and one of them signifies a fake--- I think this font is one of the good ones but please do wait for other more experienced people to chime in before making any decisions.

Chuck303

From your pictures, the NSDAP looks like a nice early badge. If the pin and pin plate are replacements, they did a nice job. I don't have an early Desc badges to compare to, but the example you show looks very nice. I would expect that kind of quality from an early Deschler product and do not think the pin and plate are replacements. Nice Badge!

The Westmark badges look ok too, but clear front-on photos would help. I'm not very familiar with them so no definates from me, but with good, clear, frontal pics, the font will give away some clues to authenticity.

I hope this helps
    Greenhorn
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

heres one of the reverse of the nsdap pin, i am awaiting more pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture dvg &nsdap pins, are they real?  

From that pic you posted after my initial post, and with Green's observations, it seems like the pin is original to the badge itself after all. That first pic you posted definitely threw me off as it looked as if the pin/plate didn't match the overall wear/patina of the back of the badge... poorly lit photos can be so deceiving when it comes to these badges! The font and width of the border etc. actually looks exactly like a Deschler badge I have... nice one!

Would be nice to hear someone give some definite input on the DVG badges, my limited "expertise" only extends as far as to provide some incomplete knowledge re. the maker mark fonts.

ok guys , so the seller has shown me more pictures of the dvg pin, but i have a question for ya.. what exactly was the dvg organization? forgive me for asking so many questions. but i need to learn about these items so i can tell the difference between authentic and forgery. also would love to know the historical information here
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture dvg &nsdap pins, are they real?   dvg &nsdap pins, are they real?  

dvg &nsdap pins, are they real?  

Chuck303

The badges you show don't cause any concern as far as I'm concerned. There is enough wrong with them to make them good. As far as values go, dealers sell them from $75 to $125. Friends and forum members would share at the lower end of that range.

Deutscher Volksgenossen Bund were Westmark citizens who wanted to unite with Germany. I'm not that smart so I borrowed from Google There's quite a bit of info out there on it.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

thank you for the value on the items , it helps alot.

Here's an example of the W. Redo DVG badge with a different "stretched"/elongated font. I believe this is the only other accepted type of the W. Redo DVG badge (correct me if I'm wrong here). Images via google:

dvg &nsdap pins, are they real?dvg &nsdap pins, are they real?

There's also the "RZM M9/312" variant, which I believe to be yet another accepted version of the DVG badge.... see images (google):

dvg &nsdap pins, are they real?dvg &nsdap pins, are they real?

Would be nice to have all of this confirmed by someone with some real hands-on experience with these. Sorry about the slight discourse, I just couldn't help myself while we were on the subject Greenhorn knows his stuff so I think you're good to go with his opinion

Slados28

Thanks for the info, a bit of work and I think we figured it out! There are a few enamel collectors on the site that may be familiar with these but some guys don't frequently log-on, so there may be a wait or simply, we already have the answer. The font is definately the most important, just like the badge you just posted (the top one) it's easier to tell it's good. I'll take the compliment you have given and run away before I screw-up on something Thank you, you are kind.

Green

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast