Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake?

Article about: I'm completely new to collecting NSDAP badges. Does the position of the pin and the lack of official markings automatically render this a fake?

Demagogue
    ?

Default Fake?

Fake?

I'm completely new to collecting NSDAP badges. Does the position of the pin and the lack of official markings automatically render this a fake?

2. # ADS

Personally I don't like the look of it. I'm no expert in regards to party badges, but the lack of makers mark and (quite nasty) hand scrawled engraving suggests it's pretty suspect. Others on here could cast a more knowing eye over it.

The party badges are not exactly rare and can go for still reasonable prices. I'd hold onto your money, pay a bit more and buy one from a reputable buyer which is a guaranteed original with a makers mark and doesn't have a broken enamel swastika too!

?

I also suspect this one is not original, but better photos would be needed before I'd say for sure. To answer your question, the placement of the pin and the lack of maker marks does not automatically render any badge fake. The pin plate can be found in a variety of configurations, and some unmarked original badges do exist. However, any unmarked examples should be treated with caution, as it is a common province of fakers and much less commonly seen on original badges.

You could also check this one (and any others you wish to buy in the future) alongside some of the originals featured on the site. Particularly here:

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

You'll notice one or two without maker marks, but the manufacturing and quality are still of a significantly high standard.

Demagogue
    ?

Thanks for the opinions. I feel like such an idiot for purchasing this without much inspection or research. I got it from the Collector's Guild. They seem to be highly regarded on other forums, and since these don't seem to be uncommon items, I thought I was safe ordering it. But I guess I'll try comparing it alongside some authentic badges.

Fake?

Here are some marginally better photos.

Hi, Demagogue

Negative, the position of the pin and the lack of markings does not automatically make this Party badge a fake. The font does! It's a fake, without doubt, but not for the reasons suspected. I have posted many of these fakes with this spurious font. Copy the photo of your posted badge and enlarge it. I'm sure it'll match well with these.

Mark

Fake?Fake?
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

[QUOTE=Demagogue;1295622]Thanks for the opinions. I feel like such an idiot for purchasing this without much inspection or research. I got it from the Collector's Guild. They seem to be highly regarded on other forums, and since these don't seem to be uncommon items, I thought I was safe ordering it. But I guess I'll try comparing it alongside some authentic badges.

Please don't be put off by Party badges with no markings, they are just harder to find and will probably cost a bit more. Yes, sadly a trusted dealer has sold this fake. I can only suggest to call them and ask for a full refund. They have several Party badges on their site that are perfectly fine if you give them another chance. As mentioned by someone above, Party badges are common but there are plenty of party badges the are uncommon. Some are not marked, some are maker signed, Transitional badges, and the list goes on. Just a simple maker marked badge is common but all makers are not common.... Such as a Josef Fuess RZM badge. It took nearly 2 years to find one.

I'll stop rambling and let you get to your return! Best of luck and welcome to the forum and hobby!

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Greenhorn has it! That is one of the best fakes Party badges, in my opinion. I also have one and it is very convincing, except for the fact that the font and stippling match the known fake design. Someone has purposefully 'aged' this one to make it look more realistic.

The Collector's Guild will give you a refund if you return it. They are a generally good dealer, but they have listed several fake items.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Greenhorn has it! That is one of the best fakes Party badges, in my opinion. I also have one and it is very convincing, except for the fact that the font and stippling match the known fake design. Someone has purposefully 'aged' this one to make it look more realistic.

The Collector's Guild will give you a refund if you return it. They are a generally good dealer, but they have listed several fake items.
    Some time ago, I referred to this as the Japanese Fake, since I saw it for sale on a Japanese website where you can buy them brand new by the hundreds.

?

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Some time ago, I referred to this as the Japanese Fake, since I saw it for sale on a Japanese website where you can buy them brand new by the hundreds.
    It makes sense that they are made in Japan; I've seen several similar fake badges with Japanese-German motifs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast