Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Gold party badge

Article about: No expert, but this one has some of the required points. The maker's name is off centre to the plate, there are not marks on the leaves......? Font looks pretty spot on....only my opinion ;-

?

Default Gold party badge

Recently found this and was wondering if it was a legit badge. Its a nice piece but I really have no interest in keeping it. After a little research I found this is a 25mm Fuess badge numbered 5561, and all registries I've seen do not have a matching number for it.

So I have 2 questions. 1: Is it real? and 2: Is it worth anything in it's current condition?

Gold party badge

Gold party badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gold party badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gold party badge

There are, as you can imagine, some Extremely Good copies of these badges out there-especially some made awhile back in Switzerland. Your badge here looks like a textbook 25mm Fuess GPB. It almost would require an in-hand examination of it to be 100% positive though, but from the photos provided, this one looks right. Any GPB is certainly worth a decent value.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    especially some made awhile back in Switzerland.
    SWITZERLAND? fake GPBs made in Switzerland? Where does this notion come from?

?

There are, as you can imagine, some Extremely Good copies of these badges out there-especially some made awhile back in Switzerland. Your badge here looks like a textbook 25mm Fuess GPB. It almost would require an in-hand examination of it to be 100% positive though, but from the photos provided, this one looks right. Any GPB is certainly worth a decent value.
    Well it was found in a box with a bunch of WWII US medals/insignias like some Major rank insignias in the belongings of a recently lost family member, but this piece really stood out so i figured I'd look it up.

Minzi, it`s a 100% original badge with no cause to think otherwise both obverse & reverse. I can only think that Wagriff meant to say AUSTRIA?

William

Thats rubbish. I dont know of anyone here in Switzerland who made or is making copies of any TR items. Surely the guys there are getting mixed up between CH and AT!

Don't shoot the messenger, Lad... But, in any case, Minzi's badge looks Very good, in my opinion. If he's looking to sell it, I'm sure there will be no trouble getting a decent price for it. If the number can be traced, it may well do even better.
    William

?

Don't shoot the messenger, Lad... But, in any case, Minzi's badge looks Very good, in my opinion. If he's looking to sell it, I'm sure there will be no trouble getting a decent price for it. If the number can be traced, it may well do even better.
    In all honesty it was probably taken from a kill or pow, theres was no documentation with it. Tracing it would probably require spending more money than would be added to it.

The numbers of GPB's are not listed in total, but there are quite considerable listings of Some of the numbers. The number on this badge is fairly low-being 4 digits, and so it may well belong to someone of interest.
    William

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast