Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Goldenes Parteiabzeichen

Article about: Hi Guys, been offered this badge. i have my doubt if this one is real..... can someone give me an opinion? thanks! Eddy

Default Goldenes Parteiabzeichen

Hi Guys,

been offered this badge. i have my doubt if this one is real.....
    can someone give me an opinion?

thanks!
    Eddy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Goldenes Parteiabzeichen   Goldenes Parteiabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Goldenes Parteiabzeichen
    P
    Many

Default Re: Goldenes Parteiabzeichen

Hi Eddy
    I believe that this one is original, with a replaced pin, for sure

On an original badge the red enamel is translucent like red glass and you can see the stippling underneath. A fake may have red enamel that is more opaque.

The wreath has 9 leaves on each side meeting in a ribbon under the letter "A" of "D.A.P." The leaves should not have a pronounced centre ridge, and will go all the way to the edge of the badge without a visible border.

The letter "O" should be almost perfectly round and the "S" slightly squashed in appearance.

But I'm probably wrong

On the reverse, there will be an "&" squeezed between the names resulting in "DESCHLER & SOHN".
    # The word MUNCHEN will have the two dots or umlaut above the "U" like this ΓΌ except the dots will be even with the sidewall of the "U".

badge is a total fake...

Interesting. A difference of opinion .

I have explained why I think it's a good one, why do you think it's bad?

i found a website with some more interresting info German Militaria Blog. It has a photo of an partybadge (backside) exactly as shown in the picture. But still no clear answer...... i agree with john what are the giveaways? please tell.

greetings eddy

ok i did some more reserch and i think there are some point of interrest regarding this being a fake.

look at the following link....

http://pages.interlog.com/~sjl/GPB/

so i think after all this comes out to be a fake.

greetings
    Eddy

Eddy
    There is one part of any GPB that the fakers cannot replicate.

As far as I can see, the badge that you have shown does have that trait. I will not disclose what it is. I shouldn't have to.

I have handled a dozen or so real ones, and tons of fakes, some good some bad. I could be looking at this one all wrong, and of course a hand's on is the only real answer. But judging by the pictures, to me, with that area I was saying, it does look ok.

Any more opinions?..........Debate is good

there is an exact match in the blog to this fake,,,everything about it is bad,,,enameling,style of oak leaves,lettering,pin,catch,numbering,etc,,there is not one good thing about this badge,,except maybe the price of a replica...i have listed all that is bad with this item,,,please list the ONE thing that you think makes it good,,,

Quote by militarymania View Post
    please list the ONE thing that you think makes it good
    Thought I already had

The pictures could be better. But the one thing that stands out for me, is the distance between the L-S. I thought the dash should be closer to the L. Also, the I,s should be tapered. So, i would say it,s wrong. But that is just my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast