Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)

Article about: Forum It's been long time coming and it's been difficult to post this Goldenes Parteiabzeichen. Not only because I haven't had time to take pictures, and I'm still not satisfied with them, b

Default GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)

Forum

It's been a long time coming and it's been difficult to post this Goldenes Parteiabzeichen. Not only because I haven't had time to take pictures, and I'm still not satisfied with them, but this piece has some personal feeling attached to it. The fact that this item has with it a name of a person that has family, most likely, alive today. It's been difficult to post knowing there is a family name I am exposing in a light they may now want to be exposed. It is with respect to the this man, who served his country well, and his surname, I post.

What I can tell you, is this GPB is minty! Hold the badge at arm's length, and no blemishes are visible. Detailed pictures do take away from its beauty! This is a 25mm Deschler.

What I cannot tell you, is exactly what is written in this man's service file. To the best of my ability I read that he worked on the West Wall (Siegfried Line), is a recipient of the 10 and 15 year, bronze and silver, NSDAP service awards, and joined the NSDAP in 1926 at 24 year old. Philipp achieved the rank of Kreisobmann in the DAF (Deutsche Arbeitsfront, German Labor Front).

I also ask our German reading members to peruse the pictures and add what I may have missed. If I have translated correctly, one document shows his request for a replacement GPB and is not his original issue date, which should be earlier being an Alte Kampfer?

The photos of attached documents are cropped to fit better but no content has been edited or omitted.

Additionally, a couple photos if this GPB with other rare pieces. The RZM badge is a Fuess, which belongs with a Desch , and is equally as difficult to find.

Mark

GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GPB Named, Researched and Minty :)
    P
    Many

My oh my --- that's a lovely 25mm Deschler you've got there, Mark! Nice to have it all researched... interesting with him having been an Kreisamtsleiter - Kreisobmann in the DAF too. The researched 30mm I have also belonged to a man from Baden, he joined the year before (1925)!
    Looks like your guy joined and became a registered member of the NSDAP on June 26th, 1926 but that he had actually been active since Feb. 4th, 1924 (Aktiv tätig zeit)... that's how it reads to me at least!

I cannot seem to locate the original issue date on the provided documents though--- looks like the request to replace his lost 25mm GPB was submitted Feb. 3rd, 1940, I also see that he was charged 1 Reichsmark for the replacement badge.

A great GPB either way my friend --- congrats! Who did the research btw?

Thank you, Slados.

You have read a couple things I wasn't able to translate, thanks for that. I'm really happy to own this badge, it's in fine condition. Maybe more GPB in the future. Seeing all the interest in this one, dealers should lower the prices to $200!!!

R.McDivitt did the research. Apparently he is the man sought after for this sort of work. I hope he doesn't mind a plug here
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Ahhh... that's the same researcher I used. Yes, like you said, it's truly a really nice piece --- I can easily see what you mean by photos not really doing it justice, that's the way it seems with regular party badges at times as well. You have your eyes on another GPB as well? Fuess or Deschler?

I agree on the relative lack of interest in these political type badges on here in general, I've found that WAF is a bit better for this. That said, you posted this late last night (I think?) and I'm sure more people will take notice when it's all kind of sunk in a bit

Mark, a fantastic badge and the research to go with it! The Deschler badges are my favorites and I have one in my collection as well. WAF is the place to go regarding political awards. Congrats again!

Slados

Yup, photos can diminish the appeal of certain things. It seems, the smaller something is, the tighter of a shot you seem to want and it really accents the faults. I'd be interested in a Fuess GPB but whatever comes along will be fine. So far my collecting of badges has been with loose focus and whatever pleases the eye get collected. Other than that, I've collected some RZMs and foreign supporter badges.

Posted last night, yes. Was making a lighthearted joke to get prices to drop, lol. I'm sure others will see it eventually.

Mark

Thanks Erich!

Glad you saw the thread as I know you have a nice GPB collection going. Do you like the Fuess badges?

Have never been on WAF. I cannot say I haven't browsed the Party badge thread (2 years ago) before, but I have never joined. Perhaps there are more political items there and no offense to the site, but I've made a home here. If I keep posting Party badges, some of the guys are bound to take interest. Quite a few people have "liked" the GPB, so some interest is there.

Mark

Nicest one of these I've ever seen - and with provenance.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Mark,
    Yes I like the Fuess badges but I personally prefer the Deschlers. This site is very good except the military items get the most attention. Gotta be where you're comfortable!

Thank you, Steve!

Couldn't pass it up, due to its condition. After receipt, I learned it can be researched, I was stoked!

Erich,
    I can appreciate that, we like what we like and I cannot fault you, Deschler made FINE badges and awards! Regarding forums, it comes down to comfort, as you stated

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast