Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with Adolf Hitler 1933 badge, please.

Article about: Hello Everyone, I am a new member and this is my first post, so I hope I have placed it in the correct section. Would anyone know if the 'Adolf Hitler 1933' badges were marked with that part

Beeger
    ?

Default Help with Adolf Hitler 1933 badge, please.

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member and this is my first post, so I hope I have placed it in the correct section.

Would anyone know if the 'Adolf Hitler 1933' badges were marked with that particular year because that was the year of Hitler's ascent to power, or because it is the year they were manufactured/issued?

I have an example of one of these badges (see pictures) and also wonder whether or not it is an original.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Beeger.

2. # ADS

Default re: Help with Adolf Hitler 1933 badge, please.

Hello Beeger and welcome. I believe your pin to be a fantasy item.
    The RZM mark should also have a manufacturer's code number next to it. The use of Ges Gesch(patent pending)is not a mark found on items that came through the RZM process. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Beeger
    ?

Hello Bob,

Thanks for the welcome and for your kind help.

Would you know if there were ever badges of this 'Adolf Hitler 1933' type, manufactured during that era (or at all)?

Regards,

Beeger.

Quote by Beeger View Post
    Hello Bob,

Thanks for the welcome and for your kind help.

Would you know if there were ever badges of this 'Adolf Hitler 1933' type, manufactured during that era (or at all)?

Regards,

Beeger.
    Beeger-
    I have never seen a period badge such as this and consider it to be a total fantasy item.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Beeger
    ?

Thanks for this, Bob. The knowledge and expertise evident on this site is absoluely amazing.

Regards,

Beeger.

I just read about this one in Michael F. Tucker's book N.S.D.A.P Enamel. The author basically says
    "There has been a little controversy regarding the authenticity of this badge. It has been suggested that this pin was made after 1933 to commemorate Hitler's rise to power, which accounts for the pin's RZM mark". I guess until definitive proof surfaces it should be regarded as fake. It might just be the photo but I think the enamel is poor on your example. I don't see the usual pebbling talked about in the book.

Michael book is very informative and not to expensive. A worthy investment for sure.

Kirby

Beeger
    ?

Hello Kirby,

You are completely correct; there is no 'pebbling'. The (enamel?) is opaque and does not have that transluscent quality found on the pins you refer to.

In addition, it appears to be extremely well made, fashioned sturdily from what seems to be brass. Is brass commonly used for these fake pins?

Regards,

Beeger.

I don't know how common brass is on fakes but from what I understand a period piece would probably be made of bronze.
    Kirby

The outer red colour is what should contain the "pebbling" as the centre colours
    actually look pretty good - even close up !

Regards,

Steve.

Beeger
    ?

I agree, Steve.

Other examples I own do have the 'pebbling'. But even if this particular example was authentic, the red enamel does seem to be tinged slightly toward the more orange end of the spectrum rather than that blood-red normally in evidence.

Regards,

Beeger.
    Last edited by Beeger; 03-21-2010 at 03:45 PM.