Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help determin originality of rare badge: Hitler, Ludendorff, von Gräfe

Article about: Hello! I need help to determine whether this is an original or not. I came across it by incident from a dealer that I trust and that have almost everything for sale coming directly from esta

Default Help determin originality of rare badge: Hitler, Ludendorff, von Gräfe

Hello! I need help to determine whether this is an original or not.
    I came across it by incident from a dealer that I trust and that have almost everything for sale coming directly from estates (is that right word?) and other contacts in Germany. I thought at first that it was a party label and bought it in a collection of other objects. The seller sold it in the belief that it was a bad conditioned NSDAP-party label.
    Recently, I was just about to put it up for sale and googled to see the age of manufacturing. What I discovered instead was that it was extremely rare, issue of many forum and that there are many copies cycling around. I've looked at and compared with many of these false and think that mine in general is better looking in all famous fake-cases; the back, the needle, the red "enamel" around letters, commas instead of dots between the names Hitler and Ludendorff, the right yellow metal and a back that is not classically produces marked. What do you think? You can go very close to details by enlarging the pircure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help determin originality of rare badge: Hitler, Ludendorff, von Gräfe   Help determin originality of rare badge: Hitler, Ludendorff, von Gräfe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help determin originality of rare badge: Hitler, Ludendorff, von Gräfe
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help determin originality of rare badge: Hitler, Ludendorff, von Gräfe

i only can tell you take a look on this site and you will find out a lot about this style pin CMG Parteiabzeichen Archive
    and after looking at this side and the other sides on the page this one look not good to me and has a redone or fixed pin, but look for your self and wait for more oppinions

Gentlemen and Ladies

Here's another older thread worthy of discussion. I bring it forth since only one comment was provided and the OP was sent away. What are your thoughts? Trying to stir some conversation and interest in these (Party badges), sympathy badges, supporter badges, etc. So I'll share my thoughts after seeing a few of yours.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Mark.. the sad thing is we get so many one time posters and never hear from them again in order to get better information and pics.
    But a discussion is very welcome and I personally look forward to where this may go.. P.S. I like your RaD items !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Mark.. the sad thing is we get so many one time posters and never hear from them again in order to get better information and pics.
    But a discussion is very welcome and I personally look forward to where this may go.. P.S. I like your RaD items !! G

It's too bad we lose some participants and can't get more input from them! I specifically chose this thread because the pics are good and there's something to discuss. Some other threads get the answer correct but some details may be askew, but left those alone because the ultimate answer was good. You know, not trying to stir the pot (in the event someone gave a bad answer), we all came from somewhere and have been enlightened along the way.

Thank you for your comments regarding my tiny RAD collection. Apparently you saw it in an older thread, I'll have to look again, it's been awhile. lol That was a special acquisition for me and glad someone can enjoy it also.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Mark, Older threads are very informative IMO... I look to the future (and past) threads of all contributors as a wealth of inspiration for all collectors.. TC ...G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

This was before my time, so to speak, so this is the first time I lay my eyes on this one --- also, seems like the member was last online only late last year... maybe he could be contacted for some more photos? Either way, my thinking here is that this is likely one of the very rare good ones.

-Obverse looks nicely "organic" with lots of believable harsh wear, no silver wash retained... surface patina seems mostly cleaned off. Nice period looking space filler too.

-Reverse sports a nice and typical early period attachment, likely original to the piece imo but maybe reattached? Nice and, again, typical looking "o" marking/"pin guide" also...

Can't see a single so called "red flag". I say this is a very rare original slogan badge --- thanks for bringing this one up again.

Eager to hear you thoughts, Mark

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Eager to hear you thoughts, Mark
    Hi Slados,

Looks like we'll be the only commentators on this one for now. I agree with you, it's an original period piece with some rough wear. The reverse looks to have been cleared of some verdigris and the obverse looks cleaned up also. I'm leaning to believe this was ground-dug. Which is just fine, I'd take this badge in that condition. Thanks for your reply and interest.