Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with party pin please

Article about: Hi I have posted on this forum once before asking for help authenticating and identifying a party pin I had bought at a gunshow that turned out to be fake. After the dissapointment I tried t

?

Default Help with party pin please

Hi I have posted on this forum once before asking for help authenticating and identifying a party pin I had bought at a gunshow that turned out to be fake. After the dissapointment I tried to learn more about them. Today I was at a gunshow in Virginia and came across another pin of the same type I bought before. It looked to be ok based on the things I was told to look for but I'm still learning and could still be missing key features. It appears to be realitivly flat with not much noticeable curvature and is marked on the back and the pin is attached in a different method then the fake. The pictures are poor and I apologize but it was as good as I could manage. The old thread I posted before is still on the forum if anyone can find it to reference the previous pin to this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with party pin please   Help with party pin please  

Help with party pin please   Help with party pin please  

Help with party pin please   Help with party pin please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with party pin please
    P
    Many

I have moved your thread to the appropriate section.
    Here is your other thread.
    Need help identifying this pin
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Another fake, I'm afraid.

I guess not all reproductions come with the most obvious tell, the coffin shaped back pin setting. A more convincing example of a pin I've not seen yet in my meager travels, that probably could have fooled me too. Though, I would be a bit suspicious of the circle icon on the back. Is that a sign of a fake or would something like that have been there on an original? Not sure what it's supposed to be...but again I've not seen this in original form either.

?

Can you tell me what the obvious signs are on this pin?

If you are looking to acquire an original, there are currently two for sale in our classifieds section.
    Ralph.
    NSDAP Party pin M1/15 - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics
    NSDAP Party Buttonpin - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The M1/15 linked to is good but 'm afraid the one in the second link (the one below here) is a very common fake as well --- RZM Ges Gesch by Morigi

NSDAP Party Buttonpin - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Quote by slados28 View Post
    The M1/15 linked to is good but 'm afraid the one in the second link (the one below here) is a very common fake as well --- RZM Ges Gesch by Morigi
    Thank you, I'll bring it to Ade's attention.
    Ralph.

Thanks Guys, I have removed the bad one from our sales ads. As ever, if anyone sees anything questionable for sale here, please bring it up.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!