Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hitlerbewegung x 2

Article about: Thought I'd post up my two rare Hitlerbewegung badges --- nice to see originals once in a while, none of that B marked silliness One is a butttonhole by R Schanes and the other is unmarked s

Default Hitlerbewegung x 2

Thought I'd post up my two rare Hitlerbewegung badges --- nice to see originals once in a while, none of that B marked silliness

One is a butttonhole by R Schanes and the other is unmarked sporting the more typical Austrian style attachment --- both damaged, one more so than the other --- but still nice and rare originals. Hope you like.

Hitlerbewegung x 2Hitlerbewegung x 2Hitlerbewegung x 2Hitlerbewegung x 2

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitlerbewegung x 2
    P
    Many

rarely seen nice find.

Thanks, harryamb! The photos could certainly be better though, I'll probably shoot better ones later--- always a joy looking at these up close through the lens... revealing all their history and character.

Several pages for the ugly fake - a single comment for these originals --- I'm almost feeling embarrassed to have posted this now. Maybe I should have posted a B fake instead after all.

JMM
    ?

I understand and agree with you 100%
    Very nice and rare badges
    Thanks for showing them

?

Hello,
    Nice looking badges, I had one of those B badges years ago I bought at a show. Not really a badge collector so appreciate seeing what a real one looks like in the event I run across one.
    Thanks again.
    Duzig(Bill)

Very nice to be able to see the rare stuff. Good job acquiring these!

Nice to hear your input guys! As mentioned, the B marked repros seem to be confusing casual collectors regularly, and hese are seen all over the web, but when real ones like these pop up there's no mistaking what's actually of the period --- patina, high quality enamel (although, sadly, very often damaged) and the proper attachment hardware.

Hope to add some better photos but need time as these small badges are notoriously hard to shoot properly--- I also believe the resizing I did for the OP here did not do the image quality any favors...

CBH
    ?

Could someone post a photo of the fake , for reference .

A separate thread on these B marked badges that apparently a lot of collectors are still being fooled by, or simply fake Hitlerbewegung badges in general, would be a great reference tool --- but I'd rather this thread be about the two original examples shown/or any other original examples that may not have been shared on here yet...

A simple Google search for "Hitlerbewegung badge" will give you tons of images of the B marked reproductions. They always lack in one department or another, the newer they are the more obviously fake they appear.

The only other good example I have seen posted on here is sandgroper's Schanes badge --- would be nice to see better photos of that one actually!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast