Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

I hope this is my first NSDAP badge - no markings?

Article about: Hi guys! I got a package with a mothers cross by mail today, I got suprised when it also contained this badge. Is this my first NSDAP member badge? The condition is not good but I will love

Default I hope this is my first NSDAP badge - no markings?

Hi guys! I got a package with a mothers cross by mail today, I got suprised when it also contained this badge.

Is this my first NSDAP member badge? The condition is not good but I will love it anyway if it's real.

Edit: The seller is known for attaching some presents so I dont think he want it back.

I hope this is my first NSDAP badge - no markings?I hope this is my first NSDAP badge - no markings?I hope this is my first NSDAP badge - no markings?I hope this is my first NSDAP badge - no markings?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I hope this is my first NSDAP badge - no markings?
    P
    Many

Looks like a very bad repro, unfortunately...

afraid I agree.

Ok, I was so happy about it and then I hear this...
    At least the mothers cross is legit.
    What do you guys do with your fakes? Should I destroy this item?

Some more pics
    I hope this is my first NSDAP badge - no markings?I hope this is my first NSDAP badge - no markings?I hope this is my first NSDAP badge - no markings?
    Last edited by Wewelsburg; 06-29-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Welcome to the forum!

If it cost nothing, then nothing lost But you did gain something! Some knowledge. You now know the badge is a reproduction and a few things to learn from are:

1) The badge is unmarked, therefore representing the Early Period.
    2) An unmarked badge could Only be from the early period of the TR, thus the font shouldn't look quite as crisp. (this can be a debate)
    3) The enamel looks bulbous around the outer edge/taller than the badge. It should sit flush.
    4) This style of attachment is not what was used. Somewhat similar, but not like this.

Keep the badge, learn from it. I buy fakes pretty often, if I can get them for a couple/few bucks. It's good to have the enemy close!

Better luck on your next one.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

If it cost nothing, then nothing lost But you did gain something! Some knowledge. You now know the badge is a reproduction and a few things to learn from are:

1) The badge is unmarked, therefore representing the Early Period.
    2) An unmarked badge could Only be from the early period of the TR, thus the font shouldn't look quite as crisp. (this can be a debate)
    3) The enamel looks bulbous around the outer edge/taller than the badge. It should sit flush.
    4) This style of attachment is not what was used. Somewhat similar, but not like this.

Keep the badge, learn from it. I buy fakes pretty often, if I can get them for a couple/few bucks. It's good to have the enemy close!

Better luck on your next one.

Mark
    Thank you for an excellent and encouraging post!
    I will keep it and learn from it, compare to real badges and so.
    I maybe mark it myself with "fake" on the back so it won't fool others if I lose it.