Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Morigi fake

Article about: Is this a morigi fake pb.? https://www.ratisbons.com/17th-Conte...Ges-Gesch.html

Default Morigi fake

Is this a morigi fake pb.?

https://www.ratisbons.com/17th-Conte...Ges-Gesch.html
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Morigi fake   Morigi fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Morigi fake
    P
    Many

Yes it is , John ! Typical Morigi marked fake which throws some collectors off as actual glass enamel is used rather than the easy bake plastic crap. Incidentally , RZM & Ges Gesch Marked badges do exist but are tough to find.

MAP
    ?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Ratisbons is also selling that fantasy/post war Luft West Front award....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Some "bad apples" in the enamel badge selection on the auction as well.

Yes That's what I thought - Caveat Emptor - Surprised he's got away with that one (or 3)

If you contact Mr. Butschek with a ground reason, he will remove them from the sale. Did it several times when he had Floch EKs up for bidding on Ratisbon's and he usually has a good listening ear for his customers.

Regards,
    Nick

He's also listed a silver grade PAB (Juncker) for sale as a tombak version.

https://www.ratisbons.com/17th-Conte...er-tombak.html

This is unlikely as there's only one or two known to be in existence so far, and he's previously done the same thing with another identical badge that sold for BIG money. That was returned and resold at a later auction correctly described.

That one proved to be the regular nickel silver type, as the one currently in the auction appears to be. Somewhat bizzarely though he's (probably under advice) now dropped the word 'Juncker' from the description yet left in the word 'tombak'.

This is an error, the badge IS a Juncker made badge, yet it's extremely unlikely it's tombak, and the images for me, bear this out. The price difference between the two types would be significant IF the badge were tombak, which in my opinion it is not.

Morigi fakeMorigi fakeMorigi fakeMorigi fake

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.