Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My NSDAP badge

Article about: Hi All, as asked by a member, here is my badge. Im hoping this one is real Cheers Relic

Default My NSDAP badge

Hi All,

as asked by a member, here is my badge.

Im hoping this one is real

My NSDAP badge

My NSDAP badge

Cheers

Relic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My NSDAP badge
    P
    Many

RMD
    ?

Thanks' for taking the time to post the pin I enjoy looking at, and researching, Party Pins and NSDAP armbands..

... Well, this is a hard one. The M1/128 is both, an authentic party pin, and one of the most commonly faked. I don't like how the RZM logo is so close to the M1/128, and the pin plate, doesn't look right.

Not that yours is, but for future reference.. (Always avoid coffin shaped pin plates. Football shaped OK, coffin shaped fake.)

Honestly, I believe it to be a reproduction.. But, don't get discouraged. Take it as a learning experience. I can see that you do have some nice authentic items within your collection.

If possible, in the future, try and post pictures here before buying, get some feedback. Though, I understand, it's not always possible to do.

Here are some authentic RZM M1/128 pins to compare to. See what you think.

Thanks' again for posting the pin
    Take care.

My NSDAP badgeMy NSDAP badgeMy NSDAP badgeMy NSDAP badge

I bought this ages ago and was assured it was real as it was a fair but not cheap price.
    So at least I know the clasp is correct and Im hoping the rest is ok.

Thanks for the info

RMD
    ?

Yeah, I went and did some more research, so I edited my post above to reflect it.

.. Sorry, I HATE giving bad news. But honestly, I would have to go with it being a reproduction pin. But, let's wait for others to give their opinions. After all, I have a pretty good idea of these things, but I'm no expert.

In the future, any pins you want to run by me, just let me know. I'll do my best to help you with buying authentic ones. But again, I realize this is hard when your out at a shop, or trade show, and a pin pops up, it's buy or pass, right there, right then. I get it.

Anyway, good luck with your collection

Quote by RMD View Post
    Yeah, I went and did some more research, so I edited my post above to reflect it.

.. Sorry, I HATE giving bad news. But honestly, I would have to go with it being a reproduction pin. But, let's wait for others to give their opinions. After all, I have a pretty good idea of these things, but I'm no expert.

In the future, any pins you want to run by me, just let me know. I'll do my best to help you with buying authentic ones. But again, I realize this is hard when your out at a shop, or trade show, and a pin pops up, it's buy or pass, right there, right then. I get it.

Anyway, good luck with your collection
    Looking at the badge info on here I did see that there are some with the RZM next to the number as mine in but different models (im guessing) did they stick to a set design for the 128's or would there be examples such as mine with the RZM next to the numbers?
    I know about avoiding the coffin clasps and as this wasn't one was fairly hopeful and as it looks its age was even more hopeful
    Im not scraping the barrel, Im just eager to learn and not get caught out again.

RMD
    ?

Hey there, relicfinder. Hope all is well.

... As far as I know, with the M1/128, the RZM was either above the number, or underneath it. But, I could be wrong.

For me, a useful tool is to look at the thread / Search by # or maker / Then you know which pages to look for when moving over to the thread / The official, unofficial party pin /... Like, I now know to go to pages 38, 39, 74, and 82 to see the RZM M1/128.. Also, Google Image is a good tool.

Take care

Unfortunately not a good M1/128 Eugen Schmidhäussler. Planchet mystery metal but the faker actually uses real translucent enamel which can make it hard to judge these badges. This most probably comes from a certain badge maker in England . I have studied some of his slogan badges and they are die struck with glass enamel but undoubtedly reproductions .

RMD
    ?

Gott'a admit though, jimmy, as far as reproductions go, it's one of the better ones. Jeez, if not for the back of the pin, I would be completely fooled

Take care.