Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Nsdap badge opinion

Article about: by Erno Jo, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but have you seen this badge? It's a strange one that doesn't look immediately fake to my untrained eye. Seen it, and marked it on my list of

Quote by HJ-Collector View Post
    sorry, wrong again its a period item, a watch fob cover !!

yous need to calm the fantasy ham around here !

more good labeled bad, whats happnin to this forum because a 30+ collector has not seen it then its fantasy?

same not long back with period enamel cufflinks!

In fairness to William if one defines the word "fantasy" the meaning is, "the product of imagining impossible or improbable things". Therefore, in a sense one could very well argue this item is a fantasy piece as it's improbable, considering the ratio of these things put together today verses the amount of these created during the Third Reich era, that the two parts came together during the Third Reich regime.
    I also agree with Rogge, if there's a problem with William please settle it via PM. Not everyone can be perfect like some of the others here, and holding our senior members to such a standard, or anyone else for that matter, to only call them out in a rude manner when they're wrong will surely result in them retaining all their learnt information instead of sharing it with us younger, less experienced guys.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nsdap badge opinion
    P
    Many

Quote by Gabriel West View Post
    thanks for your opinions
    here is that the image under the microscope
    Jolly good images there if i may say so. I wonder what part of any of those images would give cause for anyone to suggest that the item is not genuine? Clearly the schieber is alpaca and the badge looks to be as well. From the images it is clear to see that they were not married last week, but very likely married - (yes i know - again) at birth.
    I personally dont go for any of these kinds of embellished items even though i am an avid Parteiabzeichen collector, and dont have anything to do with fobs either. I only have one fob at present, the Deutschland Erwache one that is pictured in Ulric Woodhams book by the same name.

Just a quick word. All of us can, at times, be full of s××t, misread a post, jump to a conclusion.. or just say something really stupid. We always have, and always will. (This is the nature of the humanoid) Each and every one of us has, at times, called a fake genuine, or visa versa. The point is not to stomp away from the thread because we feel like we have been "shown up" but rather to learn from our mistakes. That was my wort zum Dienstag, now back to business!
    Last edited by Jo Rivett; 08-05-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    In fairness to William if one defines the word "fantasy" the meaning is, "the product of imagining impossible or improbable things". Therefore, in a sense one could very well argue this item is a fantasy piece as it's improbable....
    Why? I just showed you one period advert for these things, and believe me, if you research, you will find many more. Watch fobs with each and every kind of organizational badge/logo are found, these things are common. I fail to see the correlation between "improbable" and "well documented" "well known" and accepted/proven for years as items that were made!
    So no, i will have to not agree with you once more. In all fairness one could not argue at any level at all that this item (or these kinds) are fantasy.

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    Ewan yes, looks about the right shape and thickness for a fob.
    Here are similar ones. If these - as well as the one in this post - are period made & belonging to each other i.e: married at birth (sounds bad i know but grab em young) i would not know, but the owners could inspect them and make their own minds up!
    FOB LINK 1 - FOB LINK 2
    Jo , long time no speak mate, those dont fill me with glee tbh as you know that guys got a fob for every org in every colour and any choice of metal mate , and esp the paulmann and crone badged one something dont sit right, suppose as you say an in hand would sort it! theres one on the waf for sale by Ron Weinand lately, he says it came from a vet, he will be believed straight away anyone else says it well you know the rest!!

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    Why? I just showed you one period advert for these things, and believe me, if you research, you will find many more. Watch fobs with each and every kind of organizational badge/logo are found, these things are common. I fail to see the correlation between "improbable" and "well documented" "well known" and accepted/proven for years as items that were made!
    So no, i will have to not agree with you once more. In all fairness one could not argue at any level at all that this item (or these kinds) are fantasy.
    You are by far the most annoying person I've ever had the displeasure of coming into contact with on these fora. Review my statement....improbable!!! For every one original we encounter that was made during the Third Reich era there are a thousand made postwar by collectors and con-artist. Done.

You are by far the most annoying person I've ever had the displeasure of coming into contact with on these fora. Review my statement....improbable!!! For every one original we encounter that was made during the Third Reich era there are a thousand made postwar by collectors and con-artist. Done.
    excuse me but heed your own advice please...!

if there's a problem with jO please settle it via PM.

Not everyone can be perfect like some of the others here, have to agree with this

You are by far the most annoying person I've ever encountered on these fora. Review my statement....improbable!!! For every one original we encounter that was made during the Third Reich era there are a thousand made today by collectors and con artist. Done.
    Youthcollect. I am truly sorry, but you do it to yourself. You cannot walk head first into a door and them blame someone else. (Unless they pushed you i guess)
    Now i shall ask you to please add some meat to the bones you have thrown on the table here.
    You mention for each original there are a thousand made by collectors today.
    I would like you to please show clear images of a few (2-5 pieces) fobs that have been put together by collectors. You say there are thousands, please show them. Otherwise people may think you are once more plucking figures from thin air. No insults, no thread changes in the hope of getting it closed, forget about me as a person and concentrate for the moment on what you claim..man-up and back up your claims please. As you will see from my few posts here, i have indeed coated the bones i offered with copious amounts of tender meat for the interested, sans insults & personal jabs.

?

I also agree with Rogge, if there's a problem with William please settle it via PM.
    You are by far the most annoying person I've ever had the displeasure of coming into contact with on these fora.
    Oh my! This is an unfortunate reversal of opinion, and in the same thread no less.

How can you say that it's correct to refer to an item that provably existed as fantasy? That's an absurd statement. If the item definitely existed and it's proven to have existed, it's factually incorrect to call it a fantasy, even if it seems improbable to you.

Why must everyone be right all the time? Isn't it better to just accept that a veteran member can make a mistake without coming up with some ridiculous and roundabout way to prove him right? Everyone makes mistakes, and it doesn't diminish their experience or knowledge; it only proves they're human.

Youthcollect. You can do it, you can turn this around into something positive!! Yes you can! I have started by clearly showing, as well as mentioning what to look for in how to determine (or at least get a better feeling for - with magnified images) if two genuine items were married late in life (and not at birth as they would have been were they made as one item) by a cunning collector trying to fool. As well as documenting this in my latest book. You can now add onto this with these "thousands of put together fobs you know of", and show us the differences between clearly "married" late in life, or married at birth. In fact no wait, you dont have to go that far, we will discuss, all you need to do is show us one or two of these "thousands" of put together items. This could turn into a very helpful thread, for those interested in learning more about these items. People learn best with images, so let`s go!!!!!!!

?

Jo, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but have you seen this badge? It's a strange one that doesn't look immediately fake to my untrained eye.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast