Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Nsdap badge opinion

Article about: by Erno Jo, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but have you seen this badge? It's a strange one that doesn't look immediately fake to my untrained eye. Seen it, and marked it on my list of

Default Nsdap badge opinion

Hi
    I would like an opinion on this badge
    Tnx
    Nsdap badge opinion
    Nsdap badge opinion
    Nsdap badge opinion
    Nsdap badge opinion
    Nsdap badge opinion
    Nsdap badge opinion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nsdap badge opinion
    P
    Many

someone playing about not period.

Sorry...fantasy piece.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Gabriel West View Post
    Hi
    I would like an opinion on this badge
    Hello Gabriel West.
    I will give you my opinion, as well as a few facts that show you how i reached it.

On page 26 of The Party Badge book, i showed an advertisement from the company of Robert Schenkel, from mid-1930. (Image from that page below) They held the RZM license number 10 for small badges, but dont seem to play any large part in the production of Parteiabzeichen after mid-1935 anymore. (To date only transitional period marked Parteiabzeichen are known that show their number - RZM-10 )
    Nsdap badge opinion
    The above image is advertising - amongst other tings - Parteiabzeichen in many forms:
    1. Watches and pencils with swastikas.
    2. Cigarette tins and matchboxes with a Parteiabzeichen added.
    3. Watch fobs and cuff links with added Parteiabzeichen.
    4. Parteiabzeichen as a needle, pendant etc...

What is clear from adverts such as these, is that many normal everyday items were indeed adorned with a Party Badge (had one soldered on - stuck on). Mundane items like cigarette tins and matchboxes! Of course this would be easy to do today, purchase an old tin from the flea market for €3.- and solder on a Party Badge - viola you have a humped up, but in all parts genuine item. An item that could be, (because this kitsch really did exist) but that cannot be proven to be belonging together beyond doubt. The choice of whether to "believe" that it is all-parts genuine, rests with the owner of such a piece though.

The owner could do this by simply looking at the place where the two items are soldered together - i.e: look at the solder under magnification. Once you have, it will become very clear if the two items were married a few months ago, a few years ago, or a very long time ago! That is unfortunately as far as it goes - "a very long time ago" could mean 40 years ago, or 80 years!

I addressed this very problem in The Party Badge book, concerning these kinds of items and the conclusions that can be drawn from them.
    My opinion of this item of yours would be that it`s original in every way. A normal fob or tie scarf/tie clip, with added Party Badge.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Sorry...fantasy piece.
    sorry, wrong again its a period item, a watch fob cover !!

yous need to calm the fantasy ham around here !

more good labeled bad, whats happnin to this forum because a 30+ collector has not seen it then its fantasy?

same not long back with period enamel cufflinks!

Quote by HJ-Collector View Post
    .... a watch fob cover !!
    Ewan yes, looks about the right shape and thickness for a fob.
    Here are similar ones. If these - as well as the one in this post - are period made & belonging to each other i.e: married at birth (sounds bad i know but grab em young) i would not know, but the owners could inspect them and make their own minds up!
    FOB LINK 1 - FOB LINK 2

Gabriel West:
    The owner could do this by simply looking at the place where the two items are soldered together - i.e: look at the solder under magnification.
    This is something i find myself doing often when an item is, or could be, unclear - and i want to be 100% sure.

Here is a damenanhänger, but if i took very small unclear images like most dealers and sellers do, and indeed even in-hand, how can i be 100% sure that this is not just a Rohling that someone has cleverly added a loop too, in the hope of raising the price? I have myslef many Rohlinge, and can solder well too, so maybe i could even be doing these fix-up jobs myself and why not? instead of the normal few dollars for a Rohling i could coin 100 more for a "pendant"

So i use a microscope, and as i am sure you will agree, once you have images like this - of the married point, the solder point - then there can be no opinions to the contrary that the items were married later, and were indeed, married at birth.
    (I am sure that part will get edited out, but there you go.)
    Nsdap badge opinion

Quote by HJ-Collector View Post
    sorry, wrong again its a period item, a watch fob cover !!

yous need to calm the fantasy ham around here !

more good labeled bad, whats happnin to this forum because a 30+ collector has not seen it then its fantasy?

same not long back with period enamel cufflinks!

If there is a problem with William it should be settled with a PM. Not aired here.

Luke

Well there ya go, I thought it was a fantasy piece as well! But I value Jo's opinion, he knows a lot more about these things than I will ever know.

thanks for your opinions
    here is that the image under the microscope
    Nsdap badge opinion
    Nsdap badge opinion
    Nsdap badge opinion
    Nsdap badge opinion
    Nsdap badge opinion
    Nsdap badge opinion
    Nsdap badge opinion
    Nsdap badge opinion
    Nsdap badge opinion

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast