Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP Badges: Real or Fakes?

Article about: help is greatly appreciated! I suspect 1 and 4 are probably fake given the positioning of the markings, but I could be wrong. Thought it was worth an attempt. Thank you! 1) 2) 3) 4) 5)

Default NSDAP Badges: Real or Fakes?

help is greatly appreciated! I suspect 1 and 4 are probably fake given the positioning of the markings, but I could be wrong. Thought it was worth an attempt. Thank you!

1) NSDAP Badges: Real or Fakes?NSDAP Badges: Real or Fakes?

2) NSDAP Badges: Real or Fakes?NSDAP Badges: Real or Fakes?

3) NSDAP Badges: Real or Fakes?NSDAP Badges: Real or Fakes?

4) NSDAP Badges: Real or Fakes?NSDAP Badges: Real or Fakes?

5) NSDAP Badges: Real or Fakes?NSDAP Badges: Real or Fakes?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Badges: Real or Fakes?
    P
    Many

All four are fakes sorry!
    First one never had rzm in them..

?

The coffin shaped pins are one indicator

Coffin Sape also raised a few flags. Thanks a bunch!

?

Quote by TippyCanoe7 View Post
    Coffin Sape also raised a few flags. Thanks a bunch!
    Trust me when I started posting on here over 10 years ago I had a whole slew of fake pins like that exposed and learned that more than half of what I collected was junk. It takes time to learn what to look for and buy from reputable dealers. avoid ebay or online auctions unless you are confident you know what to look for. good luck, Al

Here is one of my early posts so you don't feel alone
    RAD Pin

?

I don't like any of them. The 'Z' in RZM codes should have a line through the center

Quote by Brig View Post
    I don't like any of them. The 'Z' in RZM codes should have a line through the center
    No! There's a lot of different RZM designs. See Jo Rivett's book (The party badge).

RMD
    ?

Brig... It's my understanding that not all authentic RZM party pins have the line through the Z.

RMD
    ?

[QUOTE=Aldo;1955393][B]Trust me when I started posting on here over 10 years ago I had a whole slew of fake pins like that exposed and learned that more than half of what I collected was junk. It takes time to learn what to look for and buy from reputable dealers. avoid ebay or online auctions unless you are confident you know what to look for. good luck, Al

Absolutely, Aldo, I was the same way. While I'm still learning how to spot the fakes, I'm getting there. Before I started visiting this forum a year or so ago, I couldn't tell an authentic party pin from a college pledge pin

RMD
    ?

Hey there again, TippyCanoe7, hope all is well..... .. .

I'm still learning primarily about the NSDAP party pins, and still have much to discover. So, don't take my opinions to heart. Hopefully someone with expertise will be along.

The 1st pin seems to thick, if you were looking at it sideways. Also, don't like the way the base is attached, as the circle it sits upon is to big, pin attachment to small.

2nd pin, I really have no idea about.

3rd one, again, absolutely no idea.

4th pin seems way to concave to me, really dips in. Also, the letters on the front seem raised to me.

And yes, the 5th has that dead give away, the coffin...

But, wait for someone with the expertise before you make any decisions. Who knows, that 4th might turn out to be real? Possibly the 2nd and 3rd as well, I just don't know. I would spend some time going through the threads about the pins here on the forum, tons of photos with authentic pins, some compared to fakes.
    Good luck.... .

Take care

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast