Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSDAP Honor Membership Badge

Article about: Two pins presented but with different backs. Which pin, if either, is the original? Casey ~

Default NSDAP Honor Membership Badge

Two pins presented but with different backs. Which pin, if either, is the original?

Casey ~

NSDAP Honor Membership BadgeNSDAP Honor Membership Badge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Honor Membership Badge
    P
    Many

Why play silly buggers? Show the front mate.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

First pin with the more simple back, pin goes from side to side.

//////////////////////////////

Second, with the back pin going up/down.

//////////////////////////////

The front looks much more refined on the first one. If any I would vote for it being the real one.

Casey ~

That's better, well done! Both are fakes.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

That is unsettling since the first is from a site that sells original German WWII items...supposedly I guess now though.

Casey ~

Hello Casey,
    in my opinion neither are genuine party badges.
    The first one is very close and I would have to do some more research on it.

You can see on the reverse that the pin has been replaced...look carefully and you will see where the original pin plate was attached that would have carried the Deschler and son logo.
    Problem is the obverse enamelled piece is not located correctly in relation to the wreath

All the best
    Doug

Here is what a good 30mm Deschler should look like.
    Don't worry about the pin set up as a lot of these were replaced by stronger fitments

NSDAP Honor Membership BadgeNSDAP Honor Membership Badge

One of the first things this forum members told me was the fact that you must watch out and be careful even with famous and respected dealers. Always, always ask here before buying.
    I only trust my friends here, no one else

Looking again at the 30mm badge, I have to revise my initial opinion I think. I was put off by the 'O' in "NATIONAL" as it's borders appear too thick to be correct, as do some of the other letters in the words. But I think it's actually the way it's been photographed and then compressed slightly when posted here, making all the letters slightly distorted (it happens with PAB's and GAB's where they come out looking 'rounder' rather than the more pronounced oval shape they really are), so I'm inclined now to say it's genuine.

Having said that, the badge has at sometime been completely apart, as the wreath ribbon at the base of the oak leaves is not below the 'A' in D.A.P. as it should be.

My genuine apologies for being too quick to condemn it, but to err is human....

Regards, Ned.

Here is a very good site for determining the authenticity of Gold Badges. As you can see by the examples shown there, these 2 are copies. Sorry...
    Golden Party Badge of the NSDAP - 25mm Fuess Version
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Okay Casey,
    I have carried out a comparison and here are my conclusions:
    The back looks very good and even though it is missing the line below the number it looks like a later die.
    If you look at the top right of the badge it does have the impression that is caused by the clamp that holds the badge whilst the number is stamped in..This is seen on a lot of the original badges.
    The old pin plate detail is there and the replaced hardware which is consistent with it being an original badge.

The obverse.
    The enamelled area is actually a very good match to the one below. The lettering has all the characteristics seen on an original BUT it is all just a little bit too rough.
    You can see under the planchet a lot of solder? or something so could be the reason the centre is not located correctly.
    The silver plating is there but shows again that the swastika border is too wide.
    The wreath is a near perfect match but shows an unacceptable wear and corrosion pattern.

So not a badge for me I'm afraid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast