Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP Parteiabzeiche M 1/4

Article about: I picked up this NSDAP Parteiabzeiche at an antique mall today. I know these are faked often but the price was cheap so I decided to take a shot in the dark on it. the pin and catch look ori

Default NSDAP Parteiabzeiche M 1/4

I picked up this NSDAP Parteiabzeiche at an antique mall today. I know these are faked often but the price was cheap so I decided to take a shot in the dark on it. the pin and catch look original and it is RZM and Ges Gesch marked so other than that I don't know how else to determine its originality. Any info and opinions on it would be much welcomed and appreciated!

NSDAP Parteiabzeiche M 1/4NSDAP Parteiabzeiche M 1/4

(If better pictures are needed I can take better ones )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Parteiabzeiche M 1/4
    P
    Many

"Nun Erst Recht" badge RZM tagged... No good

These were made from 1923 till 1934, before the RZM system was introduced.

MG.

Quote by Migobeego View Post
    "Nun Erst Recht" badge RZM tagged... No good

These were made from 1923 till 1934, before the RZM system was introduced.

MG.
    Thanks for the info, got it pretty cheap so it is what it is haha

Am I correct in saying you wouldn't ever have RZM and Ges Gesch on a pin together?

No nbushyager, some originals party badges are marked with RZM and Ges. Gesch. together. There's an example on post number 7 here.

Looks like a Morigi fake M1/4 .. kind of a smart fake . Die struck and glass enamel but the font on both the obverse and reverse really gives it up as a modern piece. Maker lost the RZM license in 1935 and while maker marked Gutenkunst badges exist for the transitional period I dont believe we have ever seen a genuine bearing the M1 prefix.

Periodical tweaking of the die i.e. change maker mark , move Ges Gesch , refurb obverse details etc.

Nazi Party Nun Erst Recht enameled lapel badge

Its a well known Morigi Fake. I know a collector that bought this same fake recently because the seller soaped him in nice words that this "Nun erst recht M1/4" is the real thing. I cannot believe there are still people out there falling for these fakes; as there is much documentation out there telling you how to spot these fakes easily. Of course buyers are resistant to believe - as always when you spent much money, realizing it was for a 1980s Italian shit fake.

Edit: PS
    Since the typical coffin needle holder is already widely known to be a sure fake sign - these fakes tend to occur more often now with round pin holders.Different style - same shit.