Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

NSDAP Parteiabzeichen M1/77 opinions

Article about: Hi guys, I have been examining this badge and I've become suspicious of its originality. It's the same badge as the one in the NSDAP member badge database in this forum. Here is the link to

Default NSDAP Parteiabzeichen M1/77 opinions

Hi guys,

I have been examining this badge and I'm not sure about its originality. It's the same badge as the one in the NSDAP member badge database in this forum. It's a M1/77 - Foerster & Barth, Pforzhiem. Here is the link to the database and pictures of the badge:

NSDAP Member badges database

NSDAP Parteiabzeichen M1/77 opinions NSDAP Parteiabzeichen M1/77 opinions NSDAP Parteiabzeichen M1/77 opinions

The badge is magnetic and the enamel looks very bright and shiny. I'm not too comfortable and I don't know what to make of it. It comes from a really reputable dealer so it would be strange for them to sell anything bad.

What do you guys think? Any opinion will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

MG.
    Last edited by Migobeego; 05-19-2018 at 11:32 AM. Reason: flipped image

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Parteiabzeichen M1/77 opinions
    P
    Many

?

Hi MG
    I will watch this thread as I'm interested to find out about it now that I have seen this thread.
    Wilko

Well MG in my opinion the badge is a pretty good match with the pebble detail and is identical to the ones on Jo Rivett's site. The only difference I can see is the amount of polishing the badge has received to flatten the enamel making some of the lettering looking a little broader.

What do you see that I don't?

The other interesting point is all Jo's badges are said to have a brass planchet. Yours is magnetic?

Cheers
    Doug

Thank you Doug for your positive feedback and apologies for the flipped picture, I will fix that asap.

Yeah, mine is magnetic and heavier than usual but that shouldn't be a bad thing. Brass would not attract magnets, but maybe makers used different materials to manufacture these badges depending on the supply and availability of metals?

Again, the dealer is trustworthy so I would say it is more me being paranoid than anything else to be honest.

MG.

EDIT: Picture fixed.
    Last edited by Migobeego; 05-18-2018 at 02:41 PM.

Do you know MG I have asked Jo the question about metal sandwich made badges. Hopefully he will be able to glean an answer from his vast collection.

Our member Jimm posted one exactly the same as yours here:
    NSDAP Parteiabzeichen M1 / 77 - 2 versions - one magnetic.

I didn't see anything wrong with either of those at all.

Jimm also posted an M1/148 badge which was also magnetic and on the edge picture you can clearly see the layers of metal...Brass obverse, steel core and brass reverse.

NSDAP Parteiabzeichen RZM / 148 - Fake?. I think it could be.

I liked it so much that it now belongs to me.

All the best
    Doug

Thank you Doug,

I always thought magnetic sandwich metal badges were bad Hopefully I will be proven wrong.

The one I posted here also has the "sandwich" set up. Would it be logical to think it's steel?

It looks like good news for all the sandwich badges MG

I have ordered Jo’s book which details them. So if there is anything new to mention I’ll let you know

All the best
    Doug

Thank you so much. I am going to order it too, it looks like the absolute best reference guide/book on these badges.

MG.

For the sake of clarity I thought it would be good to show a side view picture. The so called "sandwich" set up is evident here.

NSDAP Parteiabzeichen M1/77 opinions

Regards,
    MG.