Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

NSDAP Parteiabzeichen RZM / 148 - Fake?. I think it could be.

Article about: Hi Gents. I purchased this RZM / 148 NSDAP Party Badge last week , it is one that is not pictured on Jo Rivett's site. However i think it may be a copy. It's thicker and heavier than the usu

?

Default NSDAP Parteiabzeichen RZM / 148 - Fake?. I think it could be.

Hi Gents. I purchased this RZM M1 / 148 NSDAP Party Badge last week , it is one that is not pictured on Jo Rivett's site. However i think it may be a copy. It's thicker and heavier than the usual style and also magnetic , also i don't think there is a slash on the z in RZM which would automatically make it bad. Oh dear. I cleaned it up as it was dirty as i wanted to make sure 100% it is now looking more and more dubious.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSDAP Parteiabzeichen RZM / 148 - Fake?. I think it could be.
    P
    Many

I don't like this one, it looks like a fake for all the reasons you gave. The print on the back also looks thicker than usual. Wait for more opinions, but I would say it's bad.

Regards,

MG.

?

Yes i agree , it is a shame it isn't covered on the parteiabzeichen website. Someone posted the same example on the unofficial party badge thread.

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

But the dirt covers up the traits , it actually got given the thumbs up on there but after having one in my hand i am pretty much 99.9% sure it's Bad. sadly paypal do not cover German memorabilia so it looks like £55 in the bin. I'll keep it for learning from though , pretty gutted MG buddy but live and learn and take it on the chin as much as it stings.

Hi Jimm,

It is fake IMO, I agree with MG. It has wrong marking, that slash on z which you have noticed is really suspicious, numbers are wrong as well, they are to thick, genuine example has much thiner and different numbers. It should be looking like that one below.

Best regards,
    Franko

Such a good outlook to have. Plus, it is always good to have a small collection of fakes to get a more clear understanding of what to avoid in the future.

My only advice would be that every item should always be posted on the forum first before any buying, because it is much better to avoid fakes entirely.

Best regards,
    Franko

?

Quote by Franjo Vuk View Post
    Hi Jimm,

It is fake IMO, I agree with MG. It has wrong marking, that slash on z which you have noticed is really suspicious, numbers are wrong as well, they are to thick, genuine example has much thiner and different numbers. It should be looking like that one below.

Best regards,
    Franko
    Cheers Franko funnily enough I think this one is fake too buddy no slash on the Z , mine looked dirty like that before i cleaned it. Poor enamelling on the face too - slightly sunken in lettering etc. Urghhhhh it's a rollercoaster buddy always the gentleman though Franko , thanks for showing that one my friend.

Quote by jimm View Post
    Cheers Franko funnily enough I think this one is fake too buddy no slash on the Z , mine looked dirty like that before i cleaned it. Poor enamelling on the face too - slightly sunken in lettering etc. Urghhhhh it's a rollercoaster buddy always the gentleman though Franko , thanks for showing that one my friend.
    Tricky hobby we got into! That other badge was looking suspicious to me as well.

?

This was a pic of mine before the light clean. This is the pic and seller that i purchased from.

I understand how you fell for this one, it looked more convincing when dirty.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast