Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 24 of 119 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 74 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Nice lot, Tom!

That's a fantastic lot to get at one time, congrats. Those floating swas are eye candy! I hope you share the other two badges with us too. What does the oval badge represent? It looks interesting. Oh, your pics are fine, partner.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

To tell you the truth Green, I'm not sure. It's a "Opfering" badge, but sacrifice for what?
    I like the look of the badge and am trying to find out what it was for. You find WHW badges with the same theme, but somehow doubt this is one due to construction.
    Colours are the same as the party badges, so hoping it's political in nature.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.   The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Hi Mike

The badge is in post #221. It's the Ges Gesch with the closed pin and it's above the photo above the HJ diamonds. Another shot of the enamel also. It's not suspicious, just wanna learn more about it

Your transitional, No=25, is a fine piece! Rudolf Reiling. Here are a couple shots of an early RZM Rudolf Reiling piece. Look at the similar attributes to your badge. The flat S and placement of the - (dash).

Also, here's a pic of a Transitional No=23 with a similar marking to your 25.

In your post #221, ribbed Ges Gesh badge, shine light into the swas, it might be blue. I have the same badge with remnants of some blue.

Nice badges, thanks for showing.

Green
    Hi Green,

Here are some side shots of the badge that you requested, the badge is 22.5mm and weighs 4 grams and its just like the one on the top of page 12 in Michael Tucker's NSDAP Enamel book. To the naked eye it has deep candy apple red glaze and well proportioned. I find it very well designed and made...
    The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Tried the bight light on the pink enamel badge but I could see a little bit of the blue that you were talking about, I'll try in the sun light tomorrow...
    The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote by StuG III View Post
    To tell you the truth Green, I'm not sure. It's a "Opfering" badge, but sacrifice for what?
    I like the look of the badge and am trying to find out what it was for. You find WHW badges with the same theme, but somehow doubt this is one due to construction.

Tom
    Interesting Tom, I'll keep an eye out for info, if I see one like it. Thanks for posting it!
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by mikeinheid View Post
    Hi Green,

Here are some side shots of the badge that you requested, the badge is 22.5mm and weighs 4 grams and its just like the one on the top of page 12 in Michael Tucker's NSDAP Enamel book. To the naked eye it has deep candy apple red glaze and well proportioned. I find it very well designed and made...
    The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Tried the bight light on the pink enamel badge but I could see a little bit of the blue that you were talking about, I'll try in the sun light tomorrow...
    The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Mike
    Nice Ges Gesh badge, looks perfect!! The lettering looks ahead of its time, is so well done.

You may have more light on those badges than needed. If you can expose the film/sensor for a few f/stops longer, you might see the blue, if it's there. Here's a pic of ribbed Ges Gesch. Just some blueing left.

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.[

Tom
    Hi Tom,

Nice grouping the early badges are so hard to come by even in Germany!!! I have WHW pin that has the same motif, but I'm trying to find my reference book to be sure.

OK, I've been told by a friend what the Opferring was.....

Quote "the OPFERRING… was an organization all on its own, within the NSDAP, and slightly different within various Regions, with different badges, stickpins etc…

It was basically an organization made to collect “Opfer” or donations given by non-nsdap members, so in short, people who were sympathetic to the party and who wanted to donate something, because, the NSDAP felt that their ordinary members were already giving so much, and had given so much towards the NSDAP in assisting them to power, so basically it was a way for non NSDAP members as well to support the NSDAP financially, with monthly contributions, according to what the member felt he could, or wanted to give, with no fixed rate like NSDAP members had to pay each month." End quote(J.R)

Hope that helps.

Tom

Quote by mikeinheid View Post
    Hi Tom,

Nice grouping the early badges are so hard to come by even in Germany!!! I have WHW pin that has the same motif, but I'm trying to find my reference book to be sure.

Thanks Mike. Nice badge, one which is still missing from my WHW collection.
    The idea behind the badges are both the same, collecting monies for certain organizations within the NSDAP.

Tom

Thanks Mike. Nice badge, one which is still missing from my WHW collection.
    The idea behind the badges are both the same, collecting monies for certain organizations within the NSDAP.

Tom
    I'll keep an eye out for one of these and send it to you. These are kind of rare in Germany too but I run into one every now and then.

Here are pics of the party badges in the display case, I like the way they look with the other military awards and stuff. The knife is a Solinger switch blade, the spring's a little weak but it opens fast
    The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Thanks Mike, that would be great!.
    I like the rest of your collection too. Interesting switchblade, when was it made?
    What is the stickpin badge next to the NSKOV one?

Tom

Page 24 of 119 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 74 ... LastLast