Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 31 of 119 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 81 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

@Green, Thanks for the compliment! The shot was very hard to get since I did it on the counter of my stove; it's the only place I could find with the brightest light. I then used used two boxes to support my casio digital camera about 8" above the pin. I then snapped a shot with the flash turned off and set to macro focus. One thing I did too was set the self timer to 3 seconds so I wouldn't blur the shot with hand movement when the shutter was open. Even so, there are 5 or 6 other shots I deleted

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

Mikeinheid, setting the timer and not using flash are the keys to better pics, as you said Wasted pics, I keep one out of ten on average. It surely takes time

This badge I have posted to the forum before an am moving it here to the thread. A rarer seen blue swas Deutschland Erwache badge.

Green

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Forum

M1 90 Apreck & Vrage

This painted metal badge shows stippling just like it's earlier brothers with enamel. Time was running short at the end of the war as were stringent RZM controls. This badge would have normally received enamel but was painted instead, unlike zinc badges that were made to be painted. Painted metal and zinc badges started to appear mid-war not just at the very end, I have learned.

This badge displays a backwards Z in RZM and a backwards \ not a forward slash. Added is the reverse of an enamelled M1 90 with the similar backwards \

Greenhorn

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

veermortal
    ?

I am new. What do I have here? And the worth?

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    Last edited by veermortal; 07-27-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Forum

M1 90 Apreck & Vrage

This painted metal badge shows stippling just like it's earlier brothers with enamel. Time was running short at the end of the war as were stringent RZM controls. This badge would have normally received enamel but was painted instead, unlike zinc badges that were made to be painted. Painted metal and zinc badges started to appear mid-war not just at the very end, I have learned.

This badge displays a backwards Z in RZM and a backwards \ not a forward slash. Added is the reverse of an enamelled M1 90 with the similar backwards \

Greenhorn

I'll have to keep an eye out for this one!!! This badge is all messed up; I never understood the use of the zinc badges, I find them ugly compared to the clear enamel. I can understand the use of paint for late badges but this has the early style RZM with one ring, no dash throgh the backwards Z and the rivet holes on the attachment plate...Awsome

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Slados, keep lookin' bud, you'll find one agreeable with your likes!

Green
    I've already got a few on the way --- these tiny little pins are like crack, I think I've got to start limiting myself a bit already if I don't want to be stuck with the economic liability of having to get my NSDAP badge fix on a daily basis

NSDAP BC Anonymous

Veermortal

What you have is a Transitional Period badge with an odd stippling. I have seen stippling like this before and would offer that this badge is genuine based on what can be seen. The construction is excellent, the font is what would be expected during the Transitional Period, and the reverse seems appropriate enough. Too bad for the missing pin and this will cost you in value a bit. Is there a possibility of a straight-on, closeup picture of the obverse/front?

Green

Mikeinheim, I agree that the zincers don't look as good but they look better to me now that I have a few of them. It was surprising how well they are made and how good they actually do look. Give one a try if you haven't yet, you may like it. Zinc is not as dense as quality metals, as you are probably aware, and therefore cheaper so while the good metal went to make weapons, zince was used for non essentials such as medals and insignia. etc. On a side note, it does seem that one circle around RZM was more common early on compared to late war.

Slados28, looking forward to your badges! Won't ask what you're getting, surpises are better. Yes, just like crack, lol. If not a crack in the piggy bank!

Green

G'day Gents,
    my latest, an M1/72 Fritz Zimmermann badge of Stuttgart. It's in great condition, unfortunately my photographic skills arent up to the task but I'm very pleased with it!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.   The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

That M1/72 looks like it just came out of the shop--- nice

Here's a nice transitional I just received: Robert Beck, RZM 39 (came with broken pin that I glued back on -- visible glue residue on pin loop was removed after taking these shots)

edit: bigger photos
    Last edited by slados28; 08-03-2012 at 01:00 AM.

Page 31 of 119 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 81 ... LastLast