Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 45 of 119 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Thanks, Green! I actually noticed the remaining silverwash as well, only I didn't quite realize that it actually was silverwash until you pointed it out... nicely observed! Would some of these badges actually have had their entire reverse silverwashed after the pin had been attached? Thereby leaving the entire reverse in a matching finish, something that's now been mostly worn off... with the pin, such as in this case, naturally having had the most loss of finish up through the years.
    Just theorizing out loud here, I think it would make sense though.

Theorize away! Glad that someone is giving it some thought. I haven't thought about this till you mentioned it. I believe you would be correct in saying some makers "dunked" the whole badge in silverwash while others didn't. Look at this Schanes badge and it's obvious this maker silverwashed the whole badge.

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

Aaaah, yes indeed! Thanks for posting that one, seems like an obvious case of the entire badge having been dipped in silverwash... very interesting! Upon seeing that one I realize that another badge I've been looking at, a Hoffstatter/Bond, has been given this very same treatment. Maybe this was a more common practice in the early/transitional days? Either way, look forward to getting Jo's book on these badges... so many questions..

Slados28

Looking forward to the book also! Not much info out there regarding Party badges, but there is some info. Also looking forward to the EK2 book that's coming out. Sandgroper also has a book that covers manufacturing of Party badges. Sometimes I spend hours searching everywhere for tidbits of info, funny what is found on accident too.

Here are a couple of books that have some Party badge info. I also have Tucker's book. It's fairly limited and has a couple faults, as all books do, but it deals with the subject so I enjoy having it. The Assmann catalog I can't find at the moment but it has a few pics for reference. Here are a couple other pieces of material that skim the subject.

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Good stuff.... I guess I have to add a couple of books to my Christmas list

Forum

This is an early Austrian badge. Zeugmeisterei is the predecessor to the RZM. I'm still learning about the marking on this badge so I don't have answers to possible questions regarding it. What I can tell you is that it's as rare a badge as it is beautiful. The last picture describes my feelings when I first got it into my hands

Green

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Very nice Green. I like that alot.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Very nice Green. I like that alot.

Eric
    Thank you, Eric! You are very kind

This badge truly is a gem and one of the nicest of all badges. Badges like this have stopped me from completing the RZM list, which I have quite a few to go, but making progress.

Great stuff Green, very nice badge. I like the badges with a floating swas, you just don't see a lot of them about. You really are a skilled photographer, your badge pics are excellent but they pale when compared to how you've managed to photoshop that last pic to make yourself look more personable and humane. But the focus should remain on the badge, it really is nice mate!

Great badge, Green! The ones with the sunray design are definitely up there among the best looking NSDAP membership badges... unusual markings as well, top notch! Also, lovely self portrait... I can definitely relate

Oh, btw; I'd get those scabs induced by party badge withdrawals taken a look at if I were you

I'm also looking forward to receiving a few new ones, another was ordered yesterday... just couldn't help myself. Waiting impatiently..

Sandgroper and Slados28

Thank you guys for your nice comments? lol. Sandgroper, that's a glamour shot after being dolled-up, this is as good as it gets, my poor wife. But seriously, it's a lovely badge and thanks for the comments. Looking forward to your next one, Slados28! Yes, "my precious".

Green

Page 45 of 119 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 95 ... LastLast