Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 46 of 119 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 96 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Gents, an M1/77 Foerster & Barth enamel badge, it is in overall pretty good condition, the enamel is good, it shows it's age but is in general pretty good condition with no major scratches or damage. The pin, again shows it's age, a bit of a bend to it but not too bad considering it is 70 odd years of age.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.   The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

An M1/101, Gustav Brehmer badge, This one is in really nice condition, you can really see depth in the enamel, my pics dont do it justice, it is much better than I can show. I'm very happy to have this one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.   The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

Nice badges, sandgroper Is that darkened silver wash on the Brehmer badge or is it just the actual material of the planchet showing with the silver wash having been worn off of the lettering?

Oh... I've also just received one myself, will post tomorrow.

G'day Slados, thanks for the comments mate. The silver wash is still present but it looks like it has tarnished or stained as it is quite dark. I suppose at a guess this could be attributed to how the badge has been stored over the past 70 odd years, whether there was moisture present etc.... I'm sure it would polish up like new but, of course, I won't be doing that, I like it just the way it is and don't want to lose any of that lovely patina. These pics don't really do it much justice either, they certainly accentuate the dark look of the badge.

Looking forward to you newie mate!

Sandgroper

Nice badges, as usual from you! Your M1/77 is an interesting badge as it's an RZM badge with an early pin plate attachment. That's an odd, strange find. Would you be able to add a shot of the RZM logo for the 77, please?

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    G'day Slados, thanks for the comments mate. The silver wash is still present but it looks like it has tarnished or stained as it is quite dark. I suppose at a guess this could be attributed to how the badge has been stored over the past 70 odd years, whether there was moisture present etc.... I'm sure it would polish up like new but, of course, I won't be doing that, I like it just the way it is and don't want to lose any of that lovely patina. These pics don't really do it much justice either, they certainly accentuate the dark look of the badge.

Looking forward to you newie mate!
    Yeah, I know what you mean...in most cases it's best to just leave the patina alone. Unfortunately I didn't have time to shoot any photos today... xmas presents and all, it'll just have to wait a few more days. But in the meantime; Merry Christmas to you all!

Here you go Green, a couple more pics mate.

Thanks Sandgroper

I thought it would be useful to have the RZM logo with the badge. It's a nicely marked RZM logo with the crossed Z and it's deeply struck. That's a really special RZM badge! The pin plate certainly doesn't look replaced but why would they use it!? Maybe that's all they had in stock? Makes for a great badge with a rare configuration. Nice one, mate

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

A few photos of my latest:

M1/105 Hermann Aurich Opaque enamel and on a buttonhole attachment. It still retains nearly all of its silver wash, only a slight age patina to the obverse... otherwise it's a beaut condition-wise --- really digging this one!

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

The photos were shot quite haphazardly and with a handheld camera so they might not be as sharp as I'd like them to be, still they're representative enough for this humble rzm badge... hope you guys like it either way!

That's a really nice badge Slados and there is nothing at all wrong with your photos! Great stuff mate!

Page 46 of 119 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 96 ... LastLast