Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 50 of 119 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 100 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

G'day mate, I am at work at the moment so I'm seeing this badge on an iPhone, and an old one at that, but from what I can see it looks like a good buttonhole badge, I don't think there is anything wrong with it mate.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

The pics are indeed a bit fuzzy but from what I can see it looks like a good badge by Karl Wurster ------------

Quote by jmgross1981 View Post
    .... I never realized how difficult getting a picture of one of these can be
    See post 318 of this thread, it`s really very easy actually.

Metallwarenfabrik, I will definitely try to set something up to take pics, like that frame from your previous post. Saldos, it is an M1/34 (Wurster), and I am glad you could see it that well from those photos. I will get better pictures of my small collection and post ASAP.

Metallwarenfabrik, in that same post from page 318 you have a couple pics of a magnified view. If you have time in the future, please finish that idea and explanation. I find it fascinating that the unseen flaws on these badges is often what sets them apart from one another.

What really has me worried about collecting these is that even before I was born, fakes were being produced. I have read which cues to look for and can distinguish a fake pretty well (I think), but every time I feel confident I also think about the methods there are for aging different metals and coming up with forms to strike these badges. If you are a company making run of the mill pins for conferences and events, it would be all too easy to go ahead and make these on the side. Does anyone else have these worries?

Just a thought, and I will get back to posting my collection pics soon.

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    See post 318 of this thread, it`s really very easy actually.
    Can you please send me one of those extra cameras? ;-)

Tom

Quote by jmgross1981 View Post
    If you are a company making run of the mill pins for conferences and events, it would be all too easy to go ahead and make these on the side.
    You have to view this within the proper context - relating to era and law. In Germany it was against the law to make them. In Austria it was not. Well it was, but there was a loophole in the law that allowed for a company to make them if they were for export. (This is how Rudolf Souval and Siedler got away with it for over 50 years after 1945) Some German manufacturers did, Steinhauer & Lück is a good example, Deschler & Sohn were faking medals before the Third Reich period anyway so they had experience in this. (If they actually did produce after 1945 is not known, i would say almost certainly they did) It all boils down to what was "wanted" or required right after 1945. That was not small enamel badges, that was daggers, knives, flags uniforms etc.. Small enamel badges only make their way into the fake & fantasy market towards the very end on the 1960`s, after the first small badge catalogs, or reference books appeared. The early fakes are very well made, but not impossible to distinguish though.

As far as any more detailed microscope images go, i am afraid you will have to wait a few months. And the "idea" or "explanation" cannot be discussed on a forum thread, i needed many hundreds of pages to do that in my book, so you`ll just have to be patient :-)

@ StugIII - Tsek :-)

Couple more photos. First two are of the same M1/34 Wurster previously posted, only this time featuring the RZM. The second two are of an M1/164.
    The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

The M1/164 is slightly thicker than the M1/34 and a hair heavier too. The M1/164 has a nice raised RZM, but the buttonhole attachment puts it at a difficult angle to photo. I really like the lapel versions of these badges.

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

First 2 photos M1/6, last 3 photos M1/25. The M1/25 has the dash between L-S, but the detail of the stipling under the enamel isn't as detailed as I've seen. Can anyone confirm else confirm this M1/25. I apologize for the pictures, you may have to open full page.

JMGross1981

Thank you for posting your Party badges! They are all in nice condition and nothing appears askew with them. Your M1/25, Reiling, is a nice badge and certainly an authentic piece. I have also struggled with the photography of these little badges and Jo has provided a method that works well for him. I haven't tried his method but cannot see why it couldn't work well for anyone. Nutural light seems to work best for me so I hold off for sunny days and available time. Trial and error will be your best guide.

Jo, sorry to elicit photos from you, I forget you shouldn't post them. Excitedly awaiting your publication.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

All, thanks for your replys as these badges are a newfound hobby and I really find it intriguing to discover the small differences between makers and periods of production.

I started collecting currency at a young age and moved on to pick up odd books, stamps, western comics etc.. and am definitely no expert in those arenas, but have picked up a liking for the unusual. I had never collected TR paraphernalia, probably because I just never had an itch for it. I was recently given a 25 year faithful service cross as a gift and really began to look into TR relics. Definitely fell in love with the party badge and learned the "basics" of what to look for, and what to avoid. While previously not a contributor here; this forum gave me a basis to work from. I literally read the whole thread as I purchased my first badge.

Will post more photos soon, but I think even with the setup Jo has; my iPad just isn't up to the challenge of creating such detailed photos.

Page 50 of 119 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 100 ... LastLast