Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 51 of 119 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Quote by jmgross1981 View Post
    All, thanks for your replys as these badges are a newfound hobby and I really find it intriguing to discover the small differences between makers and periods of production.

I started collecting currency at a young age and moved on to pick up odd books, stamps, western comics etc.. and am definitely no expert in those arenas, but have picked up a liking for the unusual. I had never collected TR paraphernalia, probably because I just never had an itch for it. I was recently given a 25 year faithful service cross as a gift and really began to look into TR relics. Definitely fell in love with the party badge and learned the "basics" of what to look for, and what to avoid. While previously not a contributor here; this forum gave me a basis to work from. I literally read the whole thread as I purchased my first badge.

Will post more photos soon, but I think even with the setup Jo has; my iPad just isn't up to the challenge of creating such detailed photos.
    You have come to the right place if you are meticulous and like subleties. Dare I say the Party badge has the most variety of differences of all TR awards?! It certainly must be high on that list. It's like the famous video game that claims it takes a minute to learn and a lifetime to master.

This thread has has numerous contributors and all have posted what is now a nice reference! There are common badges and some very unique badges. We are all learning from each other and hope to see your future contributions. If this thread has helped you in any way, then it's safe to say that the contributors have executed their ambitions properly and are humbled. Thanks for reading and hope to see your badges soon. Ipads capture good phots but you are correct about about their photography shortcomings. I know many folks use a point-n-shoot camera with a good macro function and their photos are very good. You may have to experiment a bit but it'll come to you.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

Nice badges, jmgross 1981!

Here's my latest:

Hoffstatter/Bonn in great condition, most of its silver wash is still retained except for a few places where it has flaked off on the reverse. I was really surprised to see how tiny this badge was in hand, taking this into account compared to the level of detail in the design I must say that these "liliput"/miniature badges are really impressive pieces of craftsmanship.... hope you all like it as much as I do!

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    Last edited by slados28; 02-03-2013 at 02:49 AM. Reason: typo

What a neat looking little badge, Slados, it looks to be in fantastic condition! Another nice pickup mate, these badges are great little collectibles!

Thank you my friend! It's a nice addition to my collection for sure-- it's also my very first "liliput"/miniature!

Slados28

Nice Bonn! It's in great condition for an early badge, congrats. And as you said, they are very well made. Can you make a pic of it with an RZM badge for comparison? I think it would be neat to see how small it is compared to a known item.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

G'day all, haven't posted a badge for a while and I have a few here to post so I thought I'd better get at it! This one is an M1/ 101, Gustav Brehmer, it is in overall nice condition with the enamel being very good, no damage or scratches to note.
    Cheers, Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.   The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

Nice and clean badge, sandgroper! It's strange how dark the silver wash on some of these badges tend to get --- storage condition is everything I guess. Keep them coming!

Green:

Thank you for the compliment, I will try to post a comparison shot later tonight... it's just so incredibly tiny that I'd almost class it as "cute"

A couple of quick comparison shots of the Hoffstatter/Bonn "liliput" snuggling up beside an M1/78, as requested

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

The liliput is approx. 1.65 cm whereas the M1/78 is 2.3 cm

Nice badge, Davo! Your closeups look good too.

Slados28, thanks for adding the additional pics of your liliput badge, it's tiny compared to that badge.

Forum

M1/31 Karl Pfohl

Here is a Party badge from a maker that did it his way. Look at the RZM logo and compare it to the others. The first closeup is from this maker and the other two are random logos. The obverse is well executed and this example is in good condition. Notice this badge is also well domed and just adds to this RZM era badge.

Mark

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Great badge Mark! The RZM mark does look quite amateurish in comparison to most other makers but the quality of the badge overall is right up there with the good ones. It looks to be in great condition too mate, well done! As always, excellent photos too mate.

Page 51 of 119 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast