Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 57 of 119 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 107 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

fpalacio

I like them! A bit out of my collecting arena but they look great and I believe them to be period. You can post the tinnie on this thread https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...-start-157933/ for more information on the piece if you need it. The gents on this thread know their stuff!!!

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

?

Hello,

For a friend of mine I'm looking for more information about this NSDAP pin.

Is it a original example, and does anyone know the year of production ?

I have heard there are ''official'' and ''unofficial'' pins. Is this true or a misunderstanding, and what is the difference ?
    I hope the pics are okay.

Thank you.

Last edited by Galaxy; 04-08-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Quote by Galaxy View Post
    I have heard there are ''official'' and ''unofficial'' pins. Is this true or a misunderstanding, and what is the difference ?
    After Mid 1935 because of the markings. But i would say around late 1937 to early 1939 judging by the makers number and style of both obverse and reverse.
    Official is referring to the version that all NSDAP members were compelled to wear, the version with the wording ▬the normal Parteiabzeichen▬ The unofficial version of the party badge, is the version with no writing, or in German the Parteiabzeichen ohne schrift. All propaganda badges were unofficial, and allowed to be made by anyone.

?

Thanks Metallwarenfabrik,

Can you see or this pin is a orginal ? I doubt becuase of the upperparkt of thge swastika; that one doenst hit the border like the other 3.

Looks like a perfectly good Rettenmaier badge to me, the spacing between the M and 1 in "M1/85 is a particularly neat feature on these

Quote by Galaxy View Post
    I doubt becuase of the upperparkt of thge swastika; that one doenst hit the border like the other 3.
    That is immaterial, yes it`s an original. There are also other variations of reverse markings on these, depending on time period & i suppose who actually made them (or the dies). (Either the maker M1/85 themselves, or a sub-contractor)

I've posted a lot of rzm badges lately so I thought I'd post up an interesting transitional I received today to mix it up a bit

Transitional M1/54 F.A Fries, Beuster & Schild (I think I got that right, tricky name) Obverse is nice enough with some age patina and wear but still presentable, sporting a quirky and unique font, typical of earlier pieces.

The obverse aside, what's most interesting about this badge is actually its reverse; first off you'll see that the RZM mark is positioned so far towards the bottom edge that it's as if it's about to slip off of the badge altogether.
    The RZM mark itself is also a neat and seemingly more unusual type being that the actual RZM lettering and circles around it are impressed onto a raised circular surface rather than the more typical type where it's the letters and circles themselves that are raised up from the reverse surface (haha, I know... I'm such a geek).

And then, close to the top edge you have the raised makers mark 54, but there's also what appears to be yet another raised 54 marking just below, and partially obscured by, the pin plate... although this one is very faint and perhaps with a bit thicker lettering. I have no idea why this is... all I can say is that this badge sports some of the stranger markings I've ever seen --- especially with regards to positioning etc.

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Long story short (sorry if I was a bit long winded); just my idea of a perhaps not so pretty (per se) but very interesting transitional badge. Hope you like it!

Slados28

Excellent! Very nice quality and a unique design. Transitional Party badges are very cool as they show history and the future of their design. Interesting how the faint 54 is present there and the stippling is rather faint also. Nice Piece and no doubt, desireable!

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Good to see you back in this thread again, my friend! Hope things are slowly but surely moving back on track for you and your family.

About the badge; Yeah... I just felt the urge to get this one after all of the RZM types I've been getting lately (this transitional actually came with yet another RZM ). I mean, the RZM-era badges are pretty to look at but I feel a few oddball transitionals and early badges are needed to fuel the interest from time to time.
    Also, if you couldn't already tell by my rather lengthy post, this one really gave me that spark again... especially after shooting photos and studying it up close!

Hope to see you posting some more as well when you get around and feel up to it, bud

Forum

M1/143 Gebruder Jager

Slados28, thank you for your kind words, things are slowly getting back to the norm and it will take some time. You are so right, RZM badges are pretty but they do start to blend together as they are fairly similar. Several Party badges have yet to be photographed and this one was ready to post so here it is. No the best pics but been busy so I'm not gonna reshoot it. RZM badges are fairly common but this maker is not. It's the first and only example I have seen and been able to acquire. I'm still trying to get an example of each RZM Party badge but seem to find some early badges or Transitional badges that get in the way of that tast (I don't really mind). This badge would have proved tougher to find so it had to be added to the collection. Not as nice as your 54 but every bit as uncommon.

Jo, can you share any information about this badge and/or how often it pops-up?

Mark

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Page 57 of 119 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 67 107 ... LastLast