Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 58 of 119 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Good to hear that, Mark! Great badge there as well! I really do have a thing for badges with big and bold reverse markings such as this one, the nicely matching raised pin guide really makes for a very pleasant symmetrically and proportionately correct looking reverse. Also, the fact that it has a pretty thin font to the obverse only helps that bold and precise stippling in the red enamel to pop even more... nice one! Your photos are excellent as always btw, I'd love to get you camera settings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

Some great badges being posted here boys, about time I got organised and started buying a few more badges! I'll see what I can do over the next few weeks.

Looking forward to your new additions mate

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Jo, can you share any information about this badge and/or how often it pops-up?
    Ooops, sorry for the late reply :-( Well judging from the reverse markings i would attribute it to a sub-contractor, along the same lines as M1/162 and a few others, maybe only made for a short time, or only once, who knows, would depend on how often they had orders for them i guess. There are a few Sudetenland makers marks that dont show up often on Parteiabzeichen, 143 is certainly one of them.

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    Ooops, sorry for the late reply :-( Well judging from the reverse markings i would attribute it to a sub-contractor, along the same lines as M1/162 and a few others, maybe only made for a short time, or only once, who knows, would depend on how often they had orders for them i guess. There are a few Sudetenland makers marks that dont show up often on Parteiabzeichen, 143 is certainly one of them.
    Thanks for your insight, Jo. The sub-contractor business always eludes me. I knew it wasn't a common number as you didn't have one and it wasn't posted on the thread by anyone. Still searching for a 95 also.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Forum

A maker marked Ferdinand Wagner Party badge. This is an early Party badge with a neat looking maker mark. It's unfortunate that it took a shot right on the rim and cracked the enamel, however, you can see the stippling that should be underneath and that's pretty cool in itself. The cracks in the white enamel look great and make it look evil, well, I enjoy it. The whole badge has a bend going down the middle and the pics don't help it much. Most of the value in this badge is gone but it's still has a home in my collection as it's not all too common of a badge. Hope you enjoy it.

Mark

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Great looking badge there, Mark! Love the logo/makers mark on the back!! I'll get one up as soon as I'm done migrating to my new notebook. And, seriously... I want your 7d settings

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Great looking badge there, Mark! Love the logo/makers mark on the back!! I'll get one up as soon as I'm done migrating to my new notebook. And, seriously... I want your 7d settings
    LOL, thanks for the reply. I thought you were kidding about the settings! Just to warn you, I only shoot in sunlight so things change around a bit but near direct sunlight should get you there with these settings with the same lens. EF100mm F/2 2.8L IS USM at shutter 1/30, aperture 9.0, ISO 100. That's the setting for the first pic (appears naturally colored and a bit darker). The second and third pics with increasing transparency have the same setting except shutter speeds are 1/20th and 1/13th respectively.

Thanks! I'll have to start playing around with this camera a bit more seeing as sunlight's FINALLY, well... slowly but surely, coming back around these parts. I've been shooting under rather insufficient artifical light for the most part, so... looking forward to some outdoors adventures in the coming months

That's a great looking makers mark on the reverse of the badge Mark, It's had a rough old life by the look of it but it certainly has lots of character.

Page 58 of 119 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 ... LastLast