Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 60 of 119 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 110 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Cheers Slados, it's one of those badges where you can really look into the enamel, it has depth to it. Looking forward to your next pic, over to you mate!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

Your wish is my command. Here's my latest addition:

M1/66 by Fritz Kohm Clean looking obverse with most of the silverwash retained. Reverse markings are very faint/shallow and uneven, and the surface texture is kind of rough --- at first I thought this was wear or something but seeing as the silverwash is mostly retained on top of this rough texture and another example online has this exact same characteristic issue it seems like this is how it actually looked back when it was produced.... that's my theory anyway. Not a pretty reverse but very interesting and unusual. Just a very nice and clean rzm example overall. Hope you like!

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Nice looking badge mate! I suppose the difference in both sides could be in the way it has been stored over the last 70 odd years, if it was stored face down with the rear of the badge exposed and less protected it may explain the difference in condition. Either way it is a nice badge mate and looks great!

Thanks!

It does look like it could have been exposed to the elements in the way you suggested, those were my exact thoughts when I first found it, but it's kind of strange, to me at least, that the silver wash to the reverse is still on there on top of such seemingly "heavy" surface deterioration... the other example I randomly happened upon on parteiabzeichen displays this very same rough surface as well, that one too seems to have had most of it's silverwash retained over this same type of rough surface.

I don't know. Doesn't look "wrong" to me, just a bit odd... I like it just the same though!

Hi Slados, more the actual material i would say, take a magnet to it, and you will see that it`s magnetic :-) A rather strange choice of base-metal for this period ( no later than 1935 because of the number represented and when it was withdrawn) but can be explained though.

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    Hi Slados, more the actual material i would say, take a magnet to it, and you will see that it`s magnetic :-) A rather strange choice of base-metal for this period ( no later than 1935 because of the number represented and when it was withdrawn) but can be explained though.
    Thanks for chiming in on this, Jo! So, you're saying that the material used is the reason for the rough surface and not due to any kind of poor storage throughout the years? I think I'll have to break out the magnet later on, very interesting..

Davo

Nice looking badge you have there, it's in great condition. It's my opinion this badge is more desireable due to where it was made, although it's not very uncommon. It certainly has more history to it.

Slados28, another near mint badge for you, huh? Nice! I too have a Kohm badge and it appears to have some nickel content. Like Jo, I believe it's the metal this maker used that made the badges a bit different. My Kohm badge is quite heavy due to the dense metal. Perhaps Jo can knows if the metal is nickel? I bought my badge from him but I don't expect him to remember it, of course. I'll post it soon (need to take a pic when time allows)

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Davo

Nice looking badge you have there, it's in great condition. It's my opinion this badge is more desireable due to where it was made, although it's not very uncommon. It certainly has more history to it.

Slados28, another near mint badge for you, huh? Nice! I too have a Kohm badge and it appears to have some nickel content. Like Jo, I believe it's the metal this maker used that made the badges a bit different. My Kohm badge is quite heavy due to the dense metal. Perhaps Jo can knows if the metal is nickel? I bought my badge from him but I don't expect him to remember it, of course. I'll post it soon (need to take a pic when time allows)

Mark
    Actually, this badge, as well as the material used at this time, in this Town, is covered in my book. As is the question of nickel used, or not:-) And seeing as it will be available very shortly, there`s no need to go on about it here. This maker is very interesting, as are the many rather strange ways that they, or whoever was making their badges, marked them. Due to the markings, we can narrow many of them down to a short period as well, whereas with many other badges made in iron, and messing-plated iron, from makers in the same Town like Wagner etc.. it is much harder to say if they were from 1935 or from 1939. The only certain thing is that there were many different makers who used the same magnetic base metals (later on) - so not an uncommon thing really.

Thank you for your reply Jo.

RZM M1/66 Fritz Kohm

Here's another Kohm badge displaying some of the strange markings spoken about in the post above. The reverse of this badge ushered the though that it was made of nickel. Haven't cared much about what these badges were made of but this badge begs an answer as it is rather odd.

The obverse has a nice design with a nearly closed C, open S's, and oblong O's. The reverse has the look of a Transitional badge and appears to be made of nickel or guessing wildly, some silver content. Appears Jo may have the answer in his book, which many of us are looking forward to. In any case, this badge is a nice addition to any collection!

Mark

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    The reverse of this badge ushered the though that it was made of nickel. Haven't cared much about what these badges were made of but this badge begs an answer as it is rather odd.
    You can see the messing showing through on parts of the obverse

Page 60 of 119 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 110 ... LastLast