Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 61 of 119 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 111 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    You can see the messing showing through on parts of the obverse
    Interesting of this maker to have odd attributes and then disappear. My guess is there was no sub contractor.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Interesting of this maker to have odd attributes and then disappear. My guess is there was no sub contractor.
    Not quite sure i follow you here? They didn't disappear, they have their M1/ license forcefully withdrawn by the RZM. And it`s already proven that they used the services of a sub-contractor. Some of their obverse dies can also be attributed to a common source, with 100% certainty.

Not quite sure i follow you here? They didn't disappear, they have their M1/ license forcefully withdrawn by the RZM. And it`s already proven that they used the services of a sub-contractor. Some of their obverse dies can also be attributed to a common source, with 100% certainty.
    Figured they didn't have a sub contractor....due to the poorish styling. Lost their license is what I meant by disappear. Although, I want to say this font looks familiar, possibly from another badge or just looking at too many badges, lol.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Figured they didn't have a sub contractor....due to the poorish styling. Lost their license is what I meant by disappear. Although, I want to say this font looks familiar, possibly from another badge or just looking at too many badges, lol.
    Nooooo he says, and holds a hand before his mouth.. It is only the obverse die that is indicative of a sub-contractor. The reverse dies will be specifically for a certain maker, so will be all be different anyway. There are even reverse dies known that show different makers, from different periods as well, and completely different areas, with the identical obverse die.
    Some reverse dies will look the same, or be similar, but it`s not the reverse markings that are the give-away, only the obverse.

Maybe it was easier for them to order the obverse die from a die maker in their town (there were a few) and make the reverse themselves? who knows, they certainly are marked in a strange way though. RZM 31 is similar, but the obverse of their badges are all unique though, and not found on other makers badges - yet! I guess the people marking these dies back in the day, didnt really care, and many times there is a strong "personal" influence shown in the numbers, style etc....

Many of the small companies like F.K was, were nothing more than a home business with one machine in the basement and 1-2 workers... so the reasons they stopped making party badges could very well be that they were not in any position to fill large orders. Maybe the markings were a reason, but i doubt it when you compare the "other" markings all the way through to 1945. In saying this though, in 1935 the RZM marking system had only been going for 2 years, and the RZM were clamping down hard then, especially when they lost their license, so it could very well be that they were not happy with the markings found on their badges, or the magnetic materials used by them at this time, which is very unusual, and only really comes into play 5 years later....

Nooooo he says, and holds a hand before his mouth.. It is only the obverse die that is indicative of a sub-contractor. The reverse dies will be specifically for a certain maker, so will be all be different anyway. There are even reverse dies known that show different makers, from different periods as well, and completely different areas, with the identical obverse die.
    Some reverse dies will look the same, or be similar, but it`s not the reverse markings that are the give-away, only the obverse.

Maybe it was easier for them to order the obverse die from a die maker in their town (there were a few) and make the reverse themselves? who knows, they certainly are marked in a strange way though. RZM 31 is similar, but the obverse of their badges are all unique though, and not found on other makers badges - yet! I guess the people marking these dies back in the day, didnt really care, and many times there is a strong "personal" influence shown in the numbers, style etc....

Many of the small companies like F.K was, were nothing more than a home business with one machine in the basement and 1-2 workers... so the reasons they stopped making party badges could very well be that they were not in any position to fill large orders. Maybe the markings were a reason, but i doubt it when you compare the "other" markings all the way through to 1945. In saying this though, in 1935 the RZM marking system had only been going for 2 years, and the RZM were clamping down hard then, especially when they lost their license, so it could very well be that they were not happy with the markings found on their badges, or the magnetic materials used by them at this time, which is very unusual, and only really comes into play 5 years later....
    Jo, that makes a world of sense that a sub contractor would make the obverse and not the reverse...based on some of the marking found. I have wondered about this for some time, thanks for the answer. I assumed the sub made the whole badge, when a sub was used. In thinking Kohm made their own badges so poorly, was the reason they lost their license but with this new information...it's anybody's guess.

Great looking badge, Mark! Very nice with the early/transitional type oddball font, lots of silver wash and the nice markings to the reverse. Strange texture to the reverse indeed, almost looks like it has been roughly polished and re-silvered (or the other way around)... at the very least it's obvious that it sports a very thick layer of silverwash to the reverse judging by some of the deeper scratches. Peculiar.

But, yeah... a very nice looking and very interesting addition to your collection either way!

Fantastic badge Mark, it looks terrific mate!

Thank you Slados and Davo. Had to chime in since you guys are on a roll Who's next? There must be some others on the board that have Party badges that haven't been posted?! Please share

Mark

?

Hello Guys ,Here is a party badge m1/93 (Gotllieb Fredrich Keck).Regards Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.   The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

?

Hello There .Here is my small party badge none maker marked with Ges Gesch only on the reverse,Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.   The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

Page 61 of 119 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 71 111 ... LastLast