Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 66 of 119 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 116 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Been far too quiet on here of late, so have a set of early cuff links, in liliput no less

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Pryo1177
    ?

I need some help. I have a party badge that has been made into a ring. The ring is marked silver and has another maker mark that I cannot identify and its definitely WWII period. Anyone seen anythig like this?

Quote by Pryo1177 View Post
    I need some help. I have a party badge that has been made into a ring. The ring is marked silver and has another maker mark that I cannot identify and its definitely WWII period. Anyone seen anythig like this?
    That is, the question. Made as a ring, or made into a ring. The official NSDAP Membership badge is found offered for sale in many variations from the late 20s through the early 30s, but to be sure if your item was made like it is, or turned into what it is later, can only be answered with detailed images. There is just so much bogus and humped up rubbish going around, that it has overcast that whole side of our hobby. To quickly embellish something with a party badge or an engraving of some motto has always been popular amongst cash-seekers. The added worry as well is the topic itself, rings, widely faked for many decades in all manner, and really a concentrated subject all on their own.
    If you can, whack a few good, detailed images up.

Pryo1177
    ?

Made into a ring, let me try and upload some pictures

Quote by Pryo1177 View Post
    Made into a ring, let me try and upload some pictures
    Okay...
    While we`re waiting, have a "Factory ground" no-name-brand
    Possibly made at a time when this particular maker didn't want his company details on a NS-Badge.
    Micro close-ups show that the name (WILHELM... something?) was ground out of the original working die, and not from the surface of the badge post-stamping.

Great photos Jo!

Yeah, very nice photos and collage --- item depicted is very interesting too, never seen a badge with a ground off makers stamp like this... Also, a very nice and cohesive design to the obverse, great looking and unusual subdued "micro" stipling under the red enamel and a whooping big circular pin-plate to the reverse... just lovely!

Especially interesting as it was the die that was ground and not the badge itself. I wonder if any more of these have surfaced anywhere?

I'd love to see this mysterious party badge ring but it the meantime, an M1/164 August Tham badge. It's in really good condition, the silvering to the reverse is like the day it was made.

Cheers,
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.   The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

Page 66 of 119 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 116 ... LastLast