MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 67 of 119 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 117 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Nice badge, sandgroper! I always find it interesting to see how shiny some silver wash appears, like on this example of yours, whereas on other badges it can be very dull with an almost powdery like surface texture... maybe that book I've just pre-ordered will have something to say on the subject

I'll see if I can't get a few new ones up soon myself, it's been a while and I finally have a few coming my way -

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

Asp
    ?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Here is my tiny contribution to this very useful thread
    Nick,
    I also have such zink M1/159 but one is without white glaze. I think how to restore it.

Regards,
    Alex

The one you have (posted in another thread) is a later version, it has never had any enamel on it... so, no need for any action there. Also, if you have taken individual pics of your membership badges it'd be great to see them here in this thread

Asp
    ?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    The one you have (posted in another thread) is a later version, it has never had any enamel on it... so, no need for any action there. Also, if you have taken individual pics of your membership badges it'd be great to see them here in this thread
    Sorry, I just had a look on beginning of the thread but did not recognize that one is too long.

If you try to restore a badge you'll do more damage than the badge is worth, you can pick up reasonable badges for as little as $40 if you look around, just grab another one that you dont need to alter, they're quite easy to come by.

CaseyStelken
    ?

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, and though I've been collecting WWII items for a few years now, I just purchased my first party badge today!

As I'm no stranger to antiques, I figured this badge was not a repro just by the look of it, but after seeing so many other "old-looking" badges on this forum that the majority of users have concluded to be fake, I'm no longer so sure, so I figured I would ask you folks to take a look!

I scoured this forum looking for the same badge, and although Greenhorn's badge in post #289 has the exact same maker number on the back as mine, the front of mine is different, and I'm not sure why (again, this is the first party badge I've bought and I know little about them).

I was also wondering how you guys are able to date them? Sorry if this is asked a lot, but I didn't find anything on the forum about this.

Finally: I paid $25 for it. Seemed reasonable to me. If this badge is an original, is that a decent price? I didn't assume anyone would sell something like this for any less.

Thanks a lot for ANY and all info!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.   The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

A VERY good price for a really nice 100% period opaque enamel (not the translucent red enamel where you can see the stipling underneath) badge, from what appears to be a rare maker too... Schwertner & Cie, I believe. Congrats, a great first addition!

Dating badges is primarily, at least for myself at a relative novice stage of collecting, down to differences in markings to the reverse and font variations etc. Also, apart from the enamelled badges you also have the cheaper more crude looking late war badges that were simply painted.
    The following link is a great resource for both study and purchasing party badges Parteiabzeichen

You should also check out this new book that's coming out, the first one to cover this subject, covered here in this link https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/nsdap...-badge-315465/

Anyway, thanks for adding your badge to this thread... you've got yourself a 100% period NSDAP membership badge right there

CaseyStelken
    ?

Awesome, and thanks for the lightning-fast reply! I appreciate all the info. So if you consider $25 to be a very good price for this badge, give me a rough idea of what would you have expected someone to be asking for this particular badge if you walked up and saw it in a case at a flea market like I did today, just so I have some clue (again, I'm new at collecting party badges).

I should also mention that, although I paid $25, the guy was originally asking $30, but I sweet-talked him a bit.

So what would a translucent enamel badge in similar condition run for? I'm hoping to pick one in that style up one of these days, and would like to have some idea of a fair deal when I see one, but I don't see these types of items often enough at flea markets to easily recognize a good deal. I'm assuming that a translucent enamel badge of similar condition to mine would be of higher value, because they're more eye-catching and have a cooler look (in my opinion at least). Is this correct?

Thanks again!

Mate, you did very well to pick this badge up at $25, I wouldn't have tried to talk the bloke down from $30, it would still have been a very good buy. The price on the enamel badges varies depending on the maker and, of course, the condition. An enamel badge from a common maker in the RZM period in good condition can go for between $50 to $90, again depending on where you buy from. If you want to search flea markets you might find bargains but be aware there are plenty of copies out there. As Slados mentioned, parteibzeichen.ch is an excellent website if you want good accurate information and a great variety of original badges to choose from. Also, be on the lookout for the book Slados mentioned, we're all looking forward to that! Good luck mate<

Dave.

Dave pretty much said it all. Take your time, study and have fun... there's 186 numbers on the rzm M1 approved maker list alone so there's plenty to choose from. But please remember; these badges are addictive so don't come back complaining here when you can't stop

Page 67 of 119 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 117 ... LastLast