Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 70 of 119 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

Default Re: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Wow, some great looking badges there gents, very nice!
    You're not kidding, Davo, those are some nice badges! The Mammitzsch badge must be rather scarce and Slados' badges are nice and minty. Thanks for sharing guys!
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

An M1/159, Hanns Doppler badge from Austria. It is in very nice condition and is quite a bit more domed than most badges I have. The RZM mark and M1 number on the reverse are very fine and much crisper than most badges I have as well. Overall it is in terrific shape with no damage to be found.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.   The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.  

Very nice and clean Doppler there, sandgroper... thanks for sharing! That's one of many many more on my list of still to get rzm's.

Also, if I may say so, your photography is starting to look really good as well! One suggestion though: If I am correct you're using the typical indoor bulb for lighting which tends to give off that yellow and reddish glare (?) --- if so you'd be a lot better off getting yourself a blueish white light 5000k+ bulb for this purpose.
    The one I'm currently using is a 150w 5500k fluorescent bulb (cheapest, I believe) which gives me satisfying results without the typical color distortion from when using your typical yellow-orange tinted warm light inddor 2700–3000k bulb -- imo it's only that or outdoors in actual natural light, Greenhorn style, that really works to be able to capture these badges in a clear true to nature light.

I am still working on lighting and settings myself, it truly is a pain in the ass but very rewarding when you finally get the results you've been looking for!

May as well out up another while I'm at it:

M1/92 by Karl Wild Lovely deep dark red enamel with a nice and juicy silver washed outside border -- some unfortunate tarnish to a few letters and white enamel on one side but nothing that really distracts from its well retained and well designed obverse. The reverse is the mintiest I've ever seen! Obviously a badge that was hardly/ever worn, with only yhe slightest traces of age and storage --- a lovely example!

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Nice looking badge Slados, it's a beauty!

Mate, I don't have a camera, I take my pics with a USB microscope as its the best thing I've currently got to take pics. Eventually I'll get a decent camera and take pics that way as daylight's not an issue here, plenty of sunny days all year round. I've been meaning to buy a reasonable camera for a while but what tends to happen is I get a few hundred dollars together and then decide to invest it in badges instead of a camera!lol Oh well, I'll get one eventually.

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Looks like it's almost completely flat?
    Yes, it was as flat as a coin. I will see your M1/92, and raise you another Mammitzsch. This time the reverse markings are in relief

And the swas on the obverse only touches the edge of the roundel at three points whereas the swas on the other Mammitzsch touches at the four points. Clearly this badge is faulty Jo, please feel free to send it to me and I'll dispose of it accordingly on your behalf.

Cheers,
    Dave.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Mate, I don't have a camera, I take my pics with a USB microscope as its the best thing I've currently got to take pics. Eventually I'll get a decent camera and take pics that way as daylight's not an issue here, plenty of sunny days all year round. I've been meaning to buy a reasonable camera for a while but what tends to happen is I get a few hundred dollars together and then decide to invest it in badges instead of a camera!lol Oh well, I'll get one eventually.
    Ahh, I see. I'm not really all that unfamiliar with that type of priorities either, just when I think I've had my fill of badges for a while another great bunch suddenly pops up... and, well... I just can't resist

Great variant of your previously posted rarity there, Jo! Really cool seeing that they're practically identical except for the reverse markings and the swas anchor points...

Not something that would one-up or raise the level any further here, but... in the vein of early badges, here's one I picked up recently:

Small 19,3mm early badge by Gustav Brehmer
    Obverse is pretty nice with a lot of silverwash still present and, as you can see, the black enamel of the swas seems to have some blue in it as well -- also, nice looking detailed stipling underneath the red enamel for such a relatively small badge.
    Reverse shows its age and is pretty discolored but not too bad, imo. Also, there's that neat looking pin-plate with the "GB" logo -- for Gustav Brehmer.

igorkiv
    ?

Hello
    Prompt on a sign, the kind of a hairpin and possibility определитьть the owner interested. It were lift by my friend on UkraineyThe official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Page 70 of 119 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 ... LastLast