Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 80 of 119 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 90 ... LastLast

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Article about: Very nice, Sandgroper The circles on the Pfohl badge are interesting and the badge appears to be in fantastic condition. I wonder what caused those circles? Green

?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Interesting Ges Gesch, never seen that triangular marking before... and a very nice Paulmann und Crone attributed badge too, nice design! Thanks for sharing them with us!

I have a bunch of new ones myself but I've just been too lazy photographing them since starting my new job late last year... hope to join in again with some of my new ones soon!

Jo: Great Deschlers! I recently had two transitionals coming in from that maker, need to take some photos
    Thank you! The type of stippling used beneath the enamel on the P&C badge makes for an interesting appearance in hand. I very much look forward to seeing your new additions!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    P
    Many

I recognize it, i had a few badges with it on before, but dont have images anymore. The only pics i have are of a set of DVG (Deutscher Radfahrerverband) with it on.
    Dont know who it is though. Best slap it up on this thread
    Unknown Makers Marks on Parteiabzeichen

?

Quote by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    I recognize it, i had a few badges with it on before, but dont have images anymore. The only pics i have are of a set of DVG (Deutscher Radfahrerverband) with it on.
    Dont know who it is though. Best slap it up on this thread
    Unknown Makers Marks on Parteiabzeichen
    Ok, thanks! I'll put it up on there.

Sorry for going off-topic a bit, but if you don't mind my asking, how did you attribute the rectangular plate ones to Paulmann und Crone?

Quote by Erno View Post
    Ok, thanks! I'll put it up on there.

Sorry for going off-topic a bit, but if you don't mind my asking, how did you attribute the rectangular plate ones to Paulmann und Crone?
    Through the use of the identical front die on one of these compared to a Paulmann und Crone marked example. There are plenty more examples like this in my book where i connect 3,4 and up to 9 badges, all marked very differently with different makers RZM codes, to the very same workshop - the very same die. That goes more into the use of M2/ sub-contractors though to produce raw planchets, or rohlinge.

But i inspected and connected badges that i had in hand, and by no means do i mean that any badge that looks similar and has a rectangular pin plate -yet unmarked- must be from Paulmann. You would have to do that yourself, by taking good clear images like i do (and Mark now does as well, bless him )of the obverse of yours, and compare it to clear images of a Paulmann. In the book though, there are also many different Paulmann obverse designs shown, so it wont be as easy as your ABC, but if the interest is there, can quite easily be done.

?

Through the use of the identical front die on one of these compared to a Paulmann und Crone marked example. There are plenty more examples like this in my book where i connect 3,4 and up to 9 badges, all marked very differently with different makers RZM codes, to the very same workshop - the very same die. That goes more into the use of M2/ sub-contractors though to produce raw planchets, or rohlinge.

But i inspected and connected badges that i had in hand, and by no means do i mean that any badge that looks similar and has a rectangular pin plate -yet unmarked- must be from Paulmann. You would have to do that yourself, by taking good clear images like i do (and Mark now does as well, bless him )of the obverse of yours, and compare it to clear images of a Paulmann. In the book though, there are also many different Paulmann obverse designs shown, so it wont be as easy as your ABC, but if the interest is there, can quite easily be done.
    Thank you for that thorough explanation! My initial thought was that it had to do with the combination of rectangular pin plate and vertical assembly. Since it isn't, mine may well not be Paulmann und Crone after all.

Well it was certainly cut from the same master die, or at least the same working hub, as the design is identical. But who cut the dies? In all likelihood not Paulmann but a die cutter, in German a Prägewerkzeug Hersteller. Or it could have been Paulmann just cutting himself a new die, (it could also be the same die just 10,000 stamps later) this design is specific to them, and i have yet to see another maker marked badge marked with a different name, using this design.
    Your badge is on the left, the right is a fully marked Paulmann badge.

?

Well it was certainly cut from the same master die, or at least the same working hub, as the design is identical. But who cut the dies? In all likelihood not Paulmann but a die cutter, in German a Prägewerkzeug Hersteller. Or it could have been Paulmann just cutting himself a new die, (it could also be the same die just 10,000 stamps later) this design is specific to them, and i have yet to see another maker marked badge marked with a different name, using this design.
    Your badge is on the left, the right is a fully marked Paulmann badge.
    That is unmistakable indeed. Thank you for that comparison shot.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Thank you for that thorough explanation! My initial thought was that it had to do with the combination of rectangular pin plate and vertical assembly. Since it isn't, mine may well not be Paulmann und Crone after all.
    Quit telling him, make him buy the book! Just kidding guys. Your work is second to none, Jo!

Erno, pin plates, RZM marks, maker marks etc....Blah! There are all kinds of each one and no maker can be connected to just one. Jo has put many of the maker puzzle pieces together already. Jo's book does answer many of these questions and would get you caught up to speed if you're really interested in Party badges and enamels. Trying to identify some of the unknown markings is another challenge. There is some fun to be had in this area of study, isn't there?

And fine looking badges you have posted, Erno!!
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Quit telling him, make him buy the book! Just kidding guys. Your work is second to none, Jo!

Erno, pin plates, RZM marks, maker marks etc....Blah! There are all kinds of each one and no maker can be connected to just one. Jo has put many of the maker puzzle pieces together already. Jo's book does answer many of these questions and would get you caught up to speed if you're really interested in Party badges and enamels. Trying to identify some of the unknown markings is another challenge. There is some fun to be had in this area of study, isn't there?

And fine looking badges you have posted, Erno!!
    Thank you! I am having quite a lot of fun studying and even just looking at these badges, and I am considering making enamels my primary focus. The mystery of some of them is especially intriguing.

Hi mates.,

I share with you all my two NSDAP Parteiabzeichen:

- NSDAP Parteiabzeichen RZM M1/90;
    - NSDAP Parteiabzeichen RZM M1/148.

Best Regards.,

Von River

The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.
    The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread.

Page 80 of 119 FirstFirst ... 30 70 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 90 ... LastLast