Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Party badge

Article about: Hi, I still trying to find my way around this forum (information overload). Please could you tell me if this party badge is real or fake ?

?

Default Party badge Real or Fake?

Hi,

I still trying to find my way around this forum (information overload). Please could you tell me if this party badge is real or fake ?Party badgeParty badge
    Last edited by Toolus; 05-03-2015 at 04:41 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Party badge
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Appears to be a button hole version of the party badge. Will need to wait for others in the know, but I see no RZM markings on the back. Further I have never seen a party badge with a white enamel around the edge.

That said, as noted, we should wait for those with knowledge of these to opine. A quick search on the forum (button hole party badge) turns up a number of links to compare yours to.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Good new is that you asked. And hopefully before you paid.

It appears you have a Golden Party Badge roundel separated from the wreath and someone added a button hole attachment.

The picture below shows a fake GPB with wreath attached and the other pic is your piece. Compare these to an authentic piece and the differences may be evident to you. There are only a few different fonts in GPB and the one you show is really off. The comparison is meant to show your piece is part from a GPB. The roundel you have is a piece of a fake GPB.

Not the news you may have wanted but it's better to know

Mark

Party badgeParty badgeParty badge
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Hello Mark
    you can separate a Golden Party Badge in 2 ? really ??
    have you seen before a GPB with this back ?
    cordially
    Didier

"you can separate a Golden Party Badge in 2 ?"
    You can when the components are fake, of course. And, no-I've never heard of a GPB with a buttonhole attachment...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

William
    Thanks, so, it's a fake !!
    Didier

Quote by bichon View Post
    Hello Mark
    you can separate a Golden Party Badge in 2 ? really ??
    have you seen before a GPB with this back ?
    cordially
    Didier
    Hi Didier

The roundel is soldered into place in its wreath and how they are separated, I don't know. I suspect it's like all of the badges we collect that are missing buttonhole attachments and other parts. But the roundel is at times seen without the wreath, as such in this case. As William said, must be much easier when the badge is made shoddy in the first place, as in fakes.

Yes, Didier, I have seen GPB with buttonhole attachments. All original attachments known look like this one. Broken or repaired badges may have different styled attachments but only this style came from the maker.

Nice to speak with you again, Didier

Party badge
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Mark
    Thanks for explanations
    cordially
    Didier