Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please look at this NSDAP pin.

Article about: Hi all, after searching the internets it seems you guys are the ones to ask about this nsdap pin i bought. Text on the back is "GES GESCH". Question Ive got is ofc, is it a fake or

?

Default Please look at this NSDAP pin.

Hi all, after searching the internets it seems you guys are the ones to ask about this nsdap pin i bought.

Text on the back is "GES GESCH".
    Question Ive got is ofc, is it a fake or is it real ?

thanks for your time

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please look at this NSDAP pin.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Please look at this NSDAP pin.

Looks fake to me

The pin seems to be shorter than it should be and I haven't seen the pin attached to the reverse like this, I've only seen it attached to another plate which is attached to the badge. None of this means it's no good though, I don't know enough about these things to say one way or another, they are just my observations. Clearer pics may help.

I'm not a big fan, either...Swastika is thin and I don't see the usual "Twist" in the needle...I'm inclined to say it's a fake as well...Here is my enameled example...
    perhaps there are other opinions...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please look at this NSDAP pin.   Please look at this NSDAP pin.  

Good point about the twist in the pin, I think I've only ever seen them with it.

?

It doesn't have a twist in the pin.

i'm not comfortable with the spaces either (as noted)...

in my opinion, with other issues already mentioned, this is not an original.

I don't have much experience with these as I do not have any of these stickpins personally but, first off the images are quite poor -- and, as mentioned, it does not have the "twist" to the elongated pin itself which seems to be uncommon for these, I don't know if this tells us anything re. authenticity or not though... Then there's the strange tiny attachment point (not the usual pin-plate type) and the short length of the pin (I've seen them shortened before though).
    I'll refrain from commenting too much on the obverse and the markings to the reverse as details are near impossible to make out but I must say the white enamel looks a bit odd (painted?)---
    The spacing between the arms of the swastika and the circle around it has no bearing on authencitiy, they came designed with both floating and static swastikas during the period.

So, with the poor pics and issues mentioned in mind I'm leaning towards fake/repro as well

?

Some better pics (i hope).

I'm inclined to say repro/fake as it lacks the characteristics of the originals that I am familiar with...especially the needle and the pin-plate...
    just my opinion, but I wouldn't have it in my collection with those doubts...
    cheers, Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast