Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Rare Assmann stamped license # Party badge

Article about: Ladies and gents Starting a new thread on this Party badge thinking it may get more views and possibly replies. This Assmann maker signed, RZM stamped 17 badge is a rare bugger. It's a great

Default Rare Assmann stamped license # Party badge

Ladies and gents

Starting a new thread on this Party badge thinking it may get more views and possibly replies.

This Assmann maker signed, RZM stamped 17 badge is a rare bugger. It's a great looking badge regardless of the markings but I am looking for any information that can be shared. What I do know is that early Transitional period maker signed badges had RZM engraved after the RZM made it mandatory to show the RZM logo and license number. An example was shown on the "unoffical" thread. What I haven't seen before is a stamped/impressed license number.

Please share any information regarding Party badges with stamps/impressions on them, or just share your general opinions or thoughts.

Thank you
    Greenhorn

Rare Assmann stamped license # Party badgeRare Assmann stamped license # Party badgeRare Assmann stamped license # Party badgeRare Assmann stamped license # Party badgeRare Assmann stamped license # Party badge
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare Assmann stamped license # Party badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: Rare Assmann stamped license # Party badge

Great looking badge, Green! No input on the stampings unfortunately, hope someone else can come to the rescue...

Default Re: Rare Assmann stamped license # Party badge

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Great looking badge, Green! No input on the stampings unfortunately, hope someone else can come to the rescue...
    Thank you, friend! I asked a very specific question, so not too surprised at the lack of replies. Just hoping some of the long-time collectors might chime-in to say they saw something similar at some point, etc. It's an authentic piece and that's the most important thing.

Thanks for your reply
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Forum

Still have not seen another one of these, truly a unique badge? Maybe not but it is a fantastic one by any standard. Thought I'd bump it for newer collector's eyeballs.

Mark

WOW, I surf the web and forums a lot......but I have never seen markings like that!!!!! Great badge

Quote by JohnyWoo View Post
    WOW, I surf the web and forums a lot......but I have never seen markings like that!!!!! Great badge
    Thanks, JohnyWoo

Nobody can argue against the fact that there was a transition period between Early, Transitional, and RZM badges. But I suggest there was a VERY short period between each period also, meaning, between the Early and Transitional period had a transitional period also. Also the Transitional and RZM periods had a transitional period. This is the only logical thing to conclude.

Please allow me to have your ear for a quick thought. I think of it this way.....a telegram from the RZM is received at the Party badge company stating that henceforth all badges are to include an RZM logo and the maker's license number, 17 in this example. The company tells the tool-n-die man to add the RZM logo and the license number. The tool-n-die man some how forgets to add the number and a few hundred/thousand badges are made without the license number. Then, day two, the error is caught, fixed, and we see the Transitional badges we now know, but the badges that were made already (without the "17") cannot go to waste so someone quickly punches the 17 into the reverse half of the badge before they get shipped to the customer.

I understand this is hard to follow but I have given it thought for 3 years now and it's logical because there are so few of these badges marked this way. It's probable because there are not countless badges to "fix" the following day, so economically it would be sound to have a teenager ping some numbers on a handful of badges/or hundreds, who knows!? Even Deschler roto-engraved badges so as not to waste them when new standards were announced. Deschler simply didn't stamp their badges to get them into compliance, they engraved them. Assmann just made much less.

The other transitional period, between transitional periods lies between the RZM period and the Late War period when ZINC badges surface. The badges that bridge this gap are RZM badges that were painted rather than enameled. In the sense of the word, they are not Zinc badges at all. They are messing badges that were painted. They are stock used in a new way to avoid waste. The the following production runs are painted Zinc badges. Is this true for all companies? I doubt it, but I'm sure there could be examples found for what I infer. I simply don't collect or have many Zinc badges in my collection and cannot show you a specific company's example.

This is a comparison of what I infer, albeit by different companies. Assmann has both, the pipped Messing painted badge and the non pipped Zinc badge. The pipped version would be the transitional badge between the RZM and Late period zinc badges.

The badges below show the difference between painted badges that have pips and no pips. This is not a comparison between messing and zinc.

Rare Assmann stamped license # Party badgeRare Assmann stamped license # Party badge