Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Repro unmarked Parteiabzeichen

Article about: Dont fall for them, it`s the dreaded unmarked fake, covered on pp. 400-405. of the mighty Tome

Default Repro unmarked Parteiabzeichen

Dont fall for them, it`s the dreaded unmarked fake, covered on pp. 400-405. of the mighty Tome
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Repro unmarked Parteiabzeichen  
    Last edited by Jo Rivett; 02-20-2014 at 10:46 AM. Reason: personal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Repro unmarked Parteiabzeichen
    P
    Many

?

Since I've been learning about these, I've encountered fake badges on almost every dealer website. Oddly, the dealers' good reputations don't make the badges any less fake.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Since I've been learning about these, I've encountered fake badges on almost every dealer website.
    Yes, the more modern copies of these without patina and sometimes a different reverse die are usually described as fake, as the example below from early 2013 shows...

Repro unmarked ParteiabzeichenRepro unmarked Parteiabzeichen

But if you dont take a deep interest in party badges, or keep up to date with recent publications/discussions, then it is understandable how these unmarked fakes slip through.
    I have seen them for sale as genuine on many dealers websites, and given the thumbs up on fora as well.

Quote by Jo Rivett View Post
    then it is understandable how these unmarked fakes slip through.
    mate you ok? feel your brow? lol

Yep, have to be. And i guess have to stay fair as well. Not everyone takes such a deep interest in smelly, small, irrelevant party badges, so to those who dont (about 99,99997% of collectors & dealers) i guess it looks like an unmarked party badge and nothing else. Mate, we see dealers listing SSFM stickpins with RZM and god knows what on the reverse, so if they can think that those are original, then what help is there for a simple small unmarked party badge.