Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Silver party badge RZM M1/85

Article about: Hi guys, is this badge good in your opinion. I think is a good one, but would like you to confirm it with me if you can, Best Regards, Juan

You can of course disregard the "veteran bringback" story, means nothing. Like I said several times before, I see absolutely nothing wrong with the reverse here but the obverse is another story altogether. It's either a factory reject/simply a later stage unfinished badge OR it has been re-enameled and silver washed post-war. I've had lots of "mint" party badges myself, incl. RZM M1/85 by Alois Rettenmaier, and the obverse of finished unworn ones of course do not look like this one does.

The obverse is amiss in one way or the other either way, period or not.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silver party badge RZM M1/85
    P
    Many

Just to compare, here's what practically Mint RZM badges look like

Silver party badge RZM M1/85Silver party badge RZM M1/85Silver party badge RZM M1/85Silver party badge RZM M1/85

I agree with you entirely on this one Slados.
    I have been pouring over pictures of these badges and the rear looks really good.
    There is a tiny variation of the lettering on the back compared with original badges but my eyes are getting tired no so I may be seeing things.
    The stroke on the top of the number '1' doesn't look long enough.
    The pin mount and the pin base plate look like originals
    What I don't see is the highly defined lettering on the front that can be found on every other Rettenmaier badge

There is a long shot possibility that these were factory rejects and were picked up by a vet but why waste money on a badge that has so many question marks.

Well that's interesting information Juan.
    I'd really like to read what some new eyes would say to this badge.

All the best
    Doug

Quote by slados28 View Post
    You can of course disregard the "veteran bringback" story, means nothing. Like I said several times before, I see absolutely nothing wrong with the reverse here but the obverse is another story altogether. It's either a factory reject/simply a later stage unfinished badge OR it has been re-enameled and silver washed post-war. I've had lots of "mint" party badges myself, incl. RZM M1/85 by Alois Rettenmaier, and the obverse of finished unworn ones of course do not look like this one does.

The obverse is amiss in one way or the other either way, period or not.

Could very well be --- and it seems to me that the definition of the obverse strike would vary somewhat even with this maker... I think Jo has got a couple up that illustrates this nicely.

In the end, it's not one worth really spending much on, I totally agree... interesting as a curiosity at best. I' ve enjoyed examining and discussing it though ---

So with other words, the seller is a fool or a liar when he claims that all mint badges/unused has this silver wash...

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    So with other words, the seller is a fool or a liar when he claims that all mint badges/unused has this silver wash...
    Either/or

Hi, I do not think there s the need to insult someone you do not know, sellers deal with hundreds of items and as human beings they are not perfect and as all of us many of them are collectors
    Quote by Wewelsburg View Post

The seller wanted to fleece you for 100 Euros for this ugly duckling, then he maintains that it's "MINT" and how party badges looked when new/unissued... sorry, but that's simply an ignorant statement on his part, at best.

As I said on a previous post there are three sellers, not one and this one does not sell it at 100, but at 65. He is not trying to fleece me nor anyone, that I can guarantee. Nevertheless this is not the issue here, I can argue with you that any seller or whoever might be wrong or right with whatever item. But, insulting, that is something different
    Quote by slados28 View Post
    The seller wanted to fleece you for 100 Euros for this ugly duckling, then he maintains that it's "MINT" and how party badges looked when new/unissued... sorry, but that's simply an ignorant statement on his part, at best.

Jamoros

Your badge is a reject, but authentic. Only one way to really know, send it to me and I can inspect it in person. Problem is, post will cost more than the badge There are really good fakes coming out but this is not one of them. It appears someone tried to electro silver wash it recently or it truly is a minty reject from the period.

You can see the font is struck off a bit and this may have lead to its reason for rejection. If rejected, why spruce-up the silverwash, might have been the thought. The thing I question is the enamel being somewhat bubbly, this should have been smoothed prior to the silverwash. For a good price, get it. I'd buy it to look at it up-close and erase any questions. Send a link if possible.

I hope this helps.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast