Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Speaking of rare badges!

Article about: by Wim Vangossum Maybe not rare for you, Metallwarenfabrik but I never noticed it before. Always a pleasure to learn ;-). And have you noticed there are a few party pin addict here on this f

Default Speaking of rare badges!

Forum

We've been having a conversation about rare(r) badges and Party badges, so I thought to share one of my rarer pieces.

Deutschland Erwache blue swas. Without doubt we have seen Deutschland Erwache badges before. Many are fake, some are authentic pieces, but this is the first one I have encountered with a blue enamel swas. After 75+ years, it's no wonder the blue is giving up the ghost. This badge represents the beginning of the Reich, much like Mr. Coleman's Standarte he has shown. This is one of my favorites of all time.

It's all in the font. For members looking to buy one in the future, study the font here. Reverse will never have RZM codes/numbers/stamps.

These badges were made prior to 1933. Deutschland IST Erwache were made after '33.

Greenhorn

Speaking of rare badges!Speaking of rare badges!Speaking of rare badges!Speaking of rare badges!Speaking of rare badges!Speaking of rare badges!Speaking of rare badges!Speaking of rare badges!Speaking of rare badges!
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Speaking of rare badges!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Speaking of rare badges!

Never seen a blue one before.

A very interesting, rare badge. Thanks for sharing with us.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

It is a new one to me friend.
    I like it.

Thats a stunner! You are one lucky duck

Stunning, never seen this before And 'm sure it's a good one.

Regards, Wim

Thank you all very much.

My pleasure to share it, and it is a stunner! I figured not too many folks have seen one like this before.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Speaking of rare badges!Speaking of rare badges!
    Quote by Wim Vangossum View Post
    Stunning, never seen this before And 'm sure it's a good one.

Regards, Wim
    Wim, sorry to be a wet blanket, but it is not that rare, and can be observed on many "black" enameled badges. Whether it can be attributed to the enamel powder being old, or whether the powered was mixed with too much oil/water is anyones guess. Naturally it could also be attributed to a batch of "duff" black enamel powder , in any case, you will only see it on pre 1935 badges, like the ones shown in this thread.

Pictured are, a pre 1933 parteiabzeichen, as well as three badges made with the identical obverse die, yet two have had cuff-link-poppers added. Of note is that both (one of) the cuff links, plus the badge show slightly translucent blue-ish enamel.

Maybe not rare for you, Metallwarenfabrik but I never noticed it before. Always a pleasure to learn ;-). And have you noticed there are a few party pin addict here on this forum? The humble party pin is getting more popular then ever.

Regards, Wim

I think he knows there are a few addicts here! Lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast