MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Two New Badges.

Article about: I have just bought two more badges to add to my small collection and though Id share them here. My first of the Painted badges which I think is a late war pin? marked as RZM M1/17. The secon

?

Default Two New Badges.

I have just bought two more badges to add to my small collection and though Id share them here. My first of the Painted badges which I think is a late war pin? marked as RZM M1/17. The second badge is in nice clean condition marked RZM M1/15
    Two New Badges.Two New Badges.

Ian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two New Badges.
    P
    Many

Nice badges Ian! As you said, the painted zinc badge is a late war piece and the enamel badge is the earlier badge. The painted badge was made by F.W. Assmann of Ledenscheid and the enamel badge was made by Ferdinand Hoffstatter of Bonn.

Dave is spot on with his analysis!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thank you for the info Dave, I also noticed that compared to my other two badges the enamel badge seem to be of a lighter shade. I guess its something to do with how it has been stored these past few decades.

Ian

?

Nice examples.

Ian

A couple of nice Party badges, you have added to your collection. The enamel field may not be as deep on this badge as your other badge(s), thus the seemingly lighter red color. Color may somewhat vary between makers and moreso with earlier era examples. Also, storage may play a role, as you stated. Thanks for posting your new additions!

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE