Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Unity Mitford wearing a slogan badge

Article about: Not a special badge, or even a Parteiabzeichen, but clearly seen wearing the non-official, NUN ERST RECHT pin Video shows it even clearer at the 43:23 mark (LINK)

Default Unity Mitford wearing a slogan badge

Not a special badge, or even a Parteiabzeichen, but clearly seen wearing the non-official, NUN ERST RECHT pin

Unity Mitford wearing a slogan badge Unity Mitford wearing a slogan badge
    Video shows it even clearer at the 43:23 mark (LINK)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unity Mitford wearing a slogan badge
    P
    Many

?

Great pic of a loopey gal.

Yes, absolutely whacko no doubt. The video i linked to at the bottom has the original police files on how she actually tried to kill herself, and it is not the "romantic" version that most thought it was. She was walking down the street, suddenly pulled a small gun from her purse in broad daylight, held it as waist level, pointed it up to her face/head, and shot twice. Great suicide plan hey? Then her mentor shipped her back off home to England. LOL.

?

Very interesting. I only knew of the 'relatively' sanitized version of how (and why) she shot herself and certainly didnt know, that she managed to shoot herself twice.

I'd even seen part of the segment before. Having just now watched the UM part of the video in the link again, it seems she fired a second shot after somehow having missed with the first shot, as the talk is of 'a' bullet i.e. one bullet lodged in her head, prior to her being shipped off to Blighty.

She obviously didnt aim for any vital parts.

One "F" word is OK, but two together is a recipe for disaster.. Fanatical Female.

?

As an aside, I cant help noticing, how distinctly Nicolas Mosely speaks considering his childhood difficulties in regards to stumbling over words.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Very interesting. I only knew of the 'relatively' sanitized version of how (and why) she shot herself ....
    The Wikipedia version No, in the documentary the police files tell another story. Maybe the story was tainted from day one so as not to make her look like the raving lunatic that she certainly was. Does sound better though, sitting, weeping in the English Gardens in München because England joined the war - vs. - Walking down the Königstrasse, pulled gun from purse, held at waist height and fired two rounds into the direction of her face. Probably a cap-gun anyway (but surely solid gold with HEIL MEIN FÜHRER engraved all over it and studded with rubies and possibly even platin plated on top of that... )

?

Well, I had actually seen the youtube segment before ...or parts of it.

About the gun; yes, most likely a ladies purse gun thus a small caliber firearm. Further more, an inexperienced nd distraught/nervous gunowner might actually be able to miss a headshaped target even at that distance and especially holding the gun in an akward grip. As strange as that might sound.

Consider the July 44 conspirator recalled to Berlin in order to explain himself, who stopped at the old WWI battlefield and tried to commit suicide by shooting himself in the head.
    He only managed to blind himself.

Even soldiers get it wrong.

Model got it right though (the suicide part, that is).