MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

The unspoken part of family history

Article about: My dad was cleaning up around the house recently and found this party badge in an old jewelry box from my grandma (who passed away a few years ago) We didn't know that some of our family mem

Default The unspoken part of family history

My dad was cleaning up around the house recently and found this party badge in an old jewelry box from my grandma (who passed away a few years ago)
    We didn't know that some of our family members were in the party, though it should not come as any great surprise, since this part of Germany (Eifel) is still mostly very conservative these days.
    I remember I once went metal detecting in the field and found an early "nun erst recht" party badge and my other grandma (she's 91 now) told me how none of her family members were in the party, guess this wasn't the case with this side of the family.
    But, again, not much of a surprise since I did find all the medals and a lot of other stuff all from my grandpa around the house, too.
    So, yeah, another bit of untold family history uncovered.
    As for the badge itself, I don't know terribly much about them, I have two now, that's about it.
    Let me know what you all think!
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The unspoken part of family history   The unspoken part of family history  

The unspoken part of family history   The unspoken part of family history  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The unspoken part of family history
    P
    Many

A very interesting find, history like this should not be forgotten, but rememberd so that something like this never happends again. You could possibly find out more about your familys 3rd. Reich history by making a request to the Bundesarchiv, i´ve recently made a request to them, asking for the service history of my great grandfather and my great uncle myself.

Quote by Adravor View Post
    A very interesting find, history like this should not be forgotten, but rememberd so that something like this never happends again. You could possibly find out more about your familys 3rd. Reich history by making a request to the Bundesarchiv, i´ve recently made a request to them, asking for the service history of my great grandfather and my great uncle myself.
    Yeah I agree, and I will do that in future, so far I've been too lazy to do it.
    I roughly know where my grandfather was stationed during the war from his photo album and the inscriptions there.
    Luis