Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn badge: Real or fake and value if real please.

Article about: Hi all Just wondering what the experts think of this. Bought it today for AU\\$25 knowing absolutely nothing about it. If it is real is it worth anything more than what I payed for it? Thanks

Default Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn badge: Real or fake and value if real please.

Hi all

Just wondering what the experts think of this. Bought it today for AU$25 knowing absolutely nothing about it. If it is real is it worth anything more than what I payed for it?

Thanks

Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn badge:  Real or fake and value if real please.Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn badge:  Real or fake and value if real please.Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn badge:  Real or fake and value if real please.Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn badge:  Real or fake and value if real please.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn badge:  Real or fake and value if real please.
    P
    Many

Default re: Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn badge: Real or fake and value if real please.

No good, sorry. Apart from other factors it has what looks like the coffin plate pin attachment - dead giveaway.

Tom

Default re: Volksbund der Deutschen in Ungarn badge: Real or fake and value if real please.

Bugger...oh well, you live and learn. At least I didnt pay a fortune for it. Thanks :-)

Tom is 100% correct...it is actually quite a poor reproduction at that. Other than the 'coffin' pin back the colors are all wrong as well as the poor enamel work. You can see how the enamel is uneven all around the badge...you wouldn't see this on a period piece.

Any chance at getting a refund?

Chrys

I will keep it as a lesson of what not to buy. At least now I have an idea of what to look for in a fake. Thanks.

Look through this thread, will help a lot with getting acquainted with good pieces. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/non-c...thread-162513/

Tom

Thanks Tom, most enlightening.