Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Where do you obtain your NSDAP party badges?

Article about: Ah wow, well thanks for the help. I suppose I spend too much time looking at websites like germanwarbooty and get discouraged by the high prices.

Ah wow, well thanks for the help. I suppose I spend too much time looking at websites like germanwarbooty and get discouraged by the high prices.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Where do you obtain your NSDAP party badges?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by RailwayEagle View Post
    Ah wow, well thanks for the help. I suppose I spend too much time looking at websites like germanwarbooty and get discouraged by the high prices.
    Yeah, dealers are good for security (if they're trustworthy), but their prices are usually way higher than the collector to collector market. It would probably be a good idea to go through a dealer with a good guarantee if you were buying something in the thousands of dollars. Since I really only buy less valuable stuff, I only buy from private people and fellow collectors. Just post something here if you aren't sure about authenticity.

?

Quote by ajax3985 View Post
    The market we are in, military collectibles and 35-40 going up on Tuesday and all nice.
    What market are we in ????

I got my first one in a vet's grouping many years ago when they were fairly common to find.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I'm not sure either. I thought he was talking about the warrelics classifieds.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I got my first one in a vet's grouping many years ago when they were fairly common to find.
    That's great you were able to grow up in that era as part of the greatest generation.

I always say I was born in the wrong generation. I would have loved to have grown up in the 50's. I really try to be a respectable guy just like my grandfather whom I always respected. I certainly don't fit in with this "Generation Y". Most of my friends are older folks who I enjoy listening to their stories from the past era. I'm a pilot you see and people just look at me as equal to a bus driver. Back then though...pilots were considered real professionals. People are always amazed to hear I teach people how to fly on the wages of a Walmart employee. I'm rambling now.

Bunker Militaria has some once in a while for decent prices. The painted ones usually go for $50 and the enamel ones go for $75 on this site. I've used them many times and never had a problem with them. They are found under the insignia section

Quote by SteveR View Post
    You collect military collectibles right?, so that is your market and mine. If you watch it you see items pop up.

Quote by RailwayEagle View Post
    I'm not sure either. I thought he was talking about the warrelics classifieds.
    When interested..in a particular item or items that are closely related...and if there is a desire to obtain..then it becomes a market place. Which all TR arifacts..are a market...or any other interests one may have in a particular item. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

RailwayEagle

I'm glad you have liked what you've seen in the Party badge thread. The contributors here have posted some fine pieces! To answer your question....as you have a look around multiple militaria sites, you'll find Party badges in the price ranges you mentioned as being high priced and you'll find some for less. If you're familiar with Party badges, you can look anywhere but if you're not familiar with them, watch for fakes, and many websites will have them. As your interest and knowledge grows with Party badges, you'll naturally progress to Parteiabzeichen website for the amount of information available and some fine pieces for sale. Looking around the web, what you rarely will find, are rare and exceptional pieces with the frequency that you'll find them on this website. I don't think anyone can argue with that and if it sounds like a plug, it's not, I have no stakes on this horse race. But, there are many sites with Party badges so don't hold back and go enjoy them, they make great collectibles.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast