Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Diplomatic Brocade Belt & Buckle

Article about: Guys thought you'd like to have a look. Regards, Hal

Hal
    ?

Default Diplomatic Brocade Belt & Buckle

Guys thought you'd like to have a look. Regards, Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Diplomatic Brocade Belt & Buckle   Diplomatic Brocade Belt & Buckle  

Diplomatic Brocade Belt & Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Diplomatic Brocade Belt & Buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Diplomatic Brocade Belt & Buckle

Hello Hal! I don't know that much about these brocades and their belts - but your example looks really nice! I'd love to have something like that! Killer set!

Cheers!

Rob

Hal: your belt and buckle set appears to be correct in accordance with the latest belt and buckle book by John Angolia. The book shows two basic versions of buckle construction, one design shows the hinge and hook as part of a ring that is crimped to the inside of the buckle. The other design has the hinge and hook braised separately to the buckle as illustrated in the two sets of belts in my collection

front:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Diplomatic Brocade Belt & Buckle   Diplomatic Brocade Belt & Buckle  

Although they conform with the text book I have no idea if these are original. But when dealing with items as scarce as these I take whatever I find along the long the road.

?

Excellent belts and thanks for showing.

@Hal: Your brocade is for government officials ex. foreign office. Stripes are dark blue and not black? Personnel allowed the special uniform outside of the foreign office was severely restricted to senior civil servants. There are two designs. The one you show is for the - comparatively - more junior pay grades. The very top brass had a golden wreath in addition to the gold eagle and the blue stripes on the brocade are bordered by thin gold as well.

@ cogwheel: Yours are for the Foreign Office. Stripes are black, not dark blue? Uniquely, and contrary to the practice with other ministries/govt. agencies, practically all foreign office personnel were in uniform. The all silver is for middle pay groups (comparable to company-grade military officers), and the silver belt with gold buckle is for the entry pay groups of the senior service (comparable to military ranks Major/LTC).

Best regards, Kurt

Kurt: Many thanks for your response.

?

WOW! love those RARE belts

Hal
    ?

Thanks guys for your comments, and Cogwheel for showing two excellent examples . Best, Hal PS: Kurt; stripes are dark blue.

?

Quote by Hal View Post
    PS: Kurt; stripes are dark blue.
    Excellent. A textbook example then!
    Best, Kurt