Become our sponsor and display your banner here

DLV or NSKK brocade

Article about: Hello, would like to hear experts opinions to this brocade. According to Angolia it could be a 1st pattern NSKK brocade (2nd edition, page 246 and 637). Because the backing of this brocade i

?

Default DLV or NSKK brocade

Hello,
    would like to hear experts opinions to this brocade. According to Angolia it could be a 1st pattern NSKK brocade (2nd edition, page 246 and 637). Because the backing of this brocade is dark blue instead of black, it also could be a DLV brocade.
    The brocade itself has many signs of originality: it is oxydized, the leather tongue is already stiff, material is the way it should be.
    What worries me is the buckle. All other brocade buckles of this kind I know look different. I mean, the material looks like casted, not pressed. The details are not as sharp formed like on other brocade buckles I know. The other thing is the very wide clamp on the side, where the buckle is sewn together with the brocade. It looks strange on a parade brocade. Usually the clamp is only as wide as necessary to let the brocade go through it. It just does not look good and I wonder why they should have produced something that looks that way back then, esspecially for parade purposes.
    You can sometimes see such a wide clamp on leather brocades like for justice officials or forestry officials, but not on parade brocades. At least not that I know.
    On the other hand it is hard for me to believe, that fakers only produce a handful of buckles, esspecially from brocade buckles, that are not sooo hard to find. If it were a fake, You should see them more often, I would say. That's why I would like to see other examples of such brocade buckles from other collectors, just for comparison.
    So does anyone of You guys have ever seen such a buckle or has someone one in his collection? Or can You say for sure it is a fake one?
    Opinions very welcome.
    Regards, Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1191.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	212.8 KB 
ID:	187549   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1183.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	187550  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1181.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	146.5 KB 
ID:	187551   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1194.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	187552  

Name:	IMG_1186.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	230.9 KB 
ID:	187554   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1185.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	190.0 KB 
ID:	187555  

Name:	IMG_1188.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	217.5 KB 
ID:	187556  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P