Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

DLV or NSKK brocade

Article about: Hello, would like to hear experts opinions to this brocade. According to Angolia it could be a 1st pattern NSKK brocade (2nd edition, page 246 and 637). Because the backing of this brocade i

?

Default DLV or NSKK brocade

Hello,
    would like to hear experts opinions to this brocade. According to Angolia it could be a 1st pattern NSKK brocade (2nd edition, page 246 and 637). Because the backing of this brocade is dark blue instead of black, it also could be a DLV brocade.
    The brocade itself has many signs of originality: it is oxydized, the leather tongue is already stiff, material is the way it should be.
    What worries me is the buckle. All other brocade buckles of this kind I know look different. I mean, the material looks like casted, not pressed. The details are not as sharp formed like on other brocade buckles I know. The other thing is the very wide clamp on the side, where the buckle is sewn together with the brocade. It looks strange on a parade brocade. Usually the clamp is only as wide as necessary to let the brocade go through it. It just does not look good and I wonder why they should have produced something that looks that way back then, esspecially for parade purposes.
    You can sometimes see such a wide clamp on leather brocades like for justice officials or forestry officials, but not on parade brocades. At least not that I know.
    On the other hand it is hard for me to believe, that fakers only produce a handful of buckles, esspecially from brocade buckles, that are not sooo hard to find. If it were a fake, You should see them more often, I would say. That's why I would like to see other examples of such brocade buckles from other collectors, just for comparison.
    So does anyone of You guys have ever seen such a buckle or has someone one in his collection? Or can You say for sure it is a fake one?
    Opinions very welcome.
    Regards, Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DLV or NSKK brocade   DLV or NSKK brocade  

DLV or NSKK brocade   DLV or NSKK brocade  

DLV or NSKK brocade   DLV or NSKK brocade  

DLV or NSKK brocade  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DLV or NSKK brocade
    P
    Many