Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Enigma

Article about: Hi guys, on nights at work so on the net trawling for buckles (like you do) I saw this for sale, to me the buckle has wings touching the wreath so do not like it, brocade looks ok from the o

Default Enigma

Hi guys, on nights at work so on the net trawling for buckles (like you do) I saw this for sale, to me the buckle has wings touching the wreath so do not like it, brocade looks ok from the outside then look at the leather inner strap, for the stitching is way too white for a used belt like that and the leather is stamped 1944, I am sure brocades were only made up to 1942? So what looked ok at first glance to be is not good at all!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enigma   Enigma  

Enigma   Enigma  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Enigma
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Enigma

Hi Ben although they do not show a picture of the leather retaining tongue there is one posted on the collectors guild with a 1944 dated tab as well (And they state it is quite a late date for a brocade example). here is a link to the buckle on the guild (The Collector's Guild)

Regards Mark K

Cheers for the heads up, this example is what I have always known as a good 1st pattern Luft, note the double attachment point to the rear and the wings do not touch the wreath, again I am just starting into the world of Brocades and the learning curve is steep!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enigma  
    Attached Images Attached Images Enigma 
    Ben

Another point I do not like about the buckles is that you have a 1944 stamped leather tongue on the Brocade and they bought the second pattern eagle in in 1936 where these are both 1st pattern eagles!!!!
    Ben

I also notice a different type of attachment for the eagle as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Just for comparison purposes here is an example of an Assmann second pattern Luft Brocade buckle I have in my collection.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Enigma   Enigma  

Mark, thats a nice 2nd pattern buckle by Assmann, I have one of those and quite easy to spot

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/broca...ssmann-266461/
    Ben

?

Thanks for posting the thread to your second pattern Luft Ben that is a wonderful example it is very clean front to back and the Assmann makers mark is nicely centered on your example were the back side of mine is a tad ruff around the edges and the A is slightly off center.

Regards Mark K

Cheers Mark, thats why I bought it, when I saw the buckle it was one of the nicest examples I had seen in a long time
    Ben